Chief x13 keeps crashing on my Windows 11 Alienware computer.

JPCompass

Any ideas how to fix this? Mostly happens when I work in a camera view or open/edit an item from the 3D library. I receive the following error message "An internal rendering error has occurred and the program will terminate: Device Removed" and "A serious error occurred. Do not save the file in its current state."

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? 

On 12/13/2021 at 7:07 AM, JPCompass said:

Any ideas how to fix this? Mostly happens when I work in a camera view or open/edit an item from the 3D library. I receive the following error message "An internal rendering error has occurred and the program will terminate: Device Removed" and "A serious error occurred. Do not save the file in its current state."

Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this? 

I get this error so many times every day. So far neither Chief tech support nor Nvidia tech support have been able to provide a solution. Sometimes I get 4 or 5 consecutive crashes just trying to get a simple library object, like an electrical outlet.

The only help I can offer is to save before every camera view and before using the library. Seeing as it doesn't affect everyone with Alienware or Nvidia I can't help help but wonder if it isn't caused by a corrupted user library object.

Also, there is a conflict between Chief and Nahimic audio service which may be running on your system if you have Alienware Command Center installed. Tech Support can provide guidance on disabling Nahimic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

Tech Support can provide guidance on disabling Nahimic.

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

I can't help help but wonder if it isn't caused by a corrupted user library object.

You could test that by backing up your User Library ( Export Function) , then delete the User Library File , Chief will replace it with a fresh User library (empty) which should let you see if you have a Corrupt User Library Symbol , been a few years but it has happened to me in the past.

M.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dermot said:

Robert, 

Your problem sounds like the problems mentioned here:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/32694-x13-internal-rendering-error-crash/?tab=comments#comment-256615

JPCompass has not provided enough information to know if his problem is the same.

Your 2nd post over there is most interesting except many are NOT using Windows 11 like myself.....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/32694-x13-internal-rendering-error-crash/?do=findComment&comment=257364

M.

If you are not using Windows 11, or you are not using an Nvidia series 3000 video card, then it is not the same problem and you should follow the instructions in my first post above:

First, you should check out this tech article:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00106/troubleshooting-3d-camera-view-display-problems-in-chief-architect.html

If that does not help you to solve your problem, then you will want to contact tech support:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/

37 minutes ago, Dermot said:

or you are not using an Nvidia series 3000 video card,

I am using a 3000 Series RTX Card...... see my signature, that's why I commented.....

Desktop 1: Custom Built Tower including a 10700KF CPU On GigaByte Aorus Elite AX Mobo. , 1 and 2TB Samsung 970 Evo+ SSD, 32GB RAM HyperX 3600mhz ram and a 10GB EVGA Nvidia RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA

Yes, I'm having the same problem.  Have been working with technical support on this.  The development team has not yet solved the problem.  It isn't Nahimic.  I've turned off bloom in the camera settings which seems to minimize the number of crashes.  Need to do that for all cameras including saved cameras you're using. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wynsong said:

Yes, I'm having the same problem.  Have been working with technical support on this.  The development team has not yet solved the problem.  It isn't Nahimic.  I've turned off bloom in the camera settings which seems to minimize the number of crashes.  Need to do that for all cameras including saved cameras you're using. 

Is your Signature accurate? are you using a 970 GTX rather than an 3000 Series as Dermot mentioned in the other thread?  see below now

Just wanted to give you all a quick update...

Our testing team is still having problems finding a reliable way of reproducing this problem or any reliable workarounds.  They have setup a special test machine with a specific test case that will randomly crash but they have found it can take anywhere from 20 to 2,500 consecutive tries to get the problem.  We are trying out new fixes using new theories daily but this random behavior is making it very difficult to find a solution quickly.

Our current theory is that this is a video card driver issue with the new Windows 11 OS.  We are also trying to work with Nvidia to see if they can help us find a solution for this problem.  When we last spoke to them, they said they could not reproduce the problem.  Unfortunately, they were not actually using a 3000 series card on Windows 11 when they tried.  Hopefully, we can get this problem looked at by someone else there that is a little more experienced.

If you are having this problem, and you have a reliable way of reproducing it or a reliable way of avoiding it, please contact our technical support team and give them whatever information you might have.

Also, if you have an Nvidia 3000 series card and you are still using Windows 10, I would highly recommend that you do not upgrade to Windows 11 just yet.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience that this is causing and please be assured that this is still our top priority.

• Like 1

Your experience sounds like mine. X13 on Windows 10 finally [after months] ran just fine. Sigh. "You cant have the library modal on another monitor" the said. Turned out I could.

Upgrade to Windows 11; Oh Boy, all new sudden freeze (zero CPU activity), sudden wham-bam terminations. Feels to me (13 years senior software developer) CA might not got their grip. If I where to go looking I would start at the graphic API. Do some basic stub tests. Bet I [in a matter of minutes] would find a lot of spaghetti 

Still, I love my X13 - nothing better out there IMHO

Beside the point, 2 years until [Swedish] retirement (to you not knowers, after that ~75% life long salary from "the Government" (in Sweden we like to think politicians as our employees) 15% tax CA work), gonna hang in there, ride CA SSA just for the fun of it/feeling for You guys

>>Any ideas how to fix this?<<

[Sure but] Sorry no. If X13 runs fine on your Windows 10 setup, on same HW in Windows 11 do what I do - hit those Ctrl+S keys as often as possible

Direct contact me if You FLI, would love to help you out

I had the same problem. Spent 3 hrs on the phone with support. The computer was new from CLX .

Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
    Intel Core i9 10900K @ 3.70GHz    28 °C
    Comet Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
    64.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1596MHz (22-22-22-52)
Motherboard
    ASRock Z590 Extreme WiFi 6E (CPUSocket)    31 °C
Graphics
    W2753 (1920x1080@59Hz)
    27EA63 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti (NVIDIA)    41 °C
Storage
    953GB Patriot P210 1TB (SATA (SSD))    30 °C

I had to reload windows with no improvement.

Finally, while on the phone with Grant S. From Chief support   He suggested turning off my libraries when not needed.

This helped a lot, went from 10 crashes a hour to maybe 1 or 2.

Hope this helps

Dennis Quesnel

I may have actually had less issues since installing Windows 11. Of course I have no idea if it's even a factor but I was just able to get this complex symbol out of the library on the first try!!

Now that's what I call performance! Finally X13 and Nvidia are getting along!!

image.thumb.png.e505608f78ce6a44732aff4d4e6c1fe5.png