Slat Wood Wall

Decorationarts

On 12/11/2021 at 11:26 AM, Decorationarts said:

Does anyone have a 

A "Slat Wood Wall Panel" or

"Acoustic Slat Wood Wall Panel? 

Just  use the Frame 3 1/2 walltype , copy the definition and make it 1 1/2 thick instead.... and add a layer of Black behind if you need it...

image.thumb.png.17a76f8ec287a2546c6bfa6ba08005b6.png  image.thumb.png.a06677510a46bac8cf345993f4c5cefb.pngimage.thumb.png.c5209b7476c9b53c4230dfe3cb3bc86e.png   

Try this.....MHD_Slat Wall Wall Type.calibz

The Framing on Building will follow whatever the current Framing is for top and Bottom Plates so you may need to alter that to get the exact look you need.

Mick.

• Upvote 2

• 8 months later...
14 hours ago, GregoryStorm said:

Hi Kbird1 this solution does not seem to work in X14.  Any idea why it doesn't work?

Did Glen's Advice help you out?  that would of been my 1st guess the 2nd being you don't have wall framing turned on in the Camera View.

*Update...seems to still work fine in a quick test plan   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Slat Wall Test.plan

image.thumb.png.e57f43a073cb099ae333a1716fabb70d.png

Mick.

On 9/7/2022 at 10:47 PM, glennw said:

Have you built the wall framing?

On 9/8/2022 at 11:11 AM, Kbird1 said:

Did Glen's Advice help you out?  that would of been my 1st guess the 2nd being you don't have wall framing turned on in the Camera View.

*Update...seems to still work fine in a quick test plan   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Slat Wall Test.plan

image.thumb.png.e57f43a073cb099ae333a1716fabb70d.png

Mick.

Ah.  Turning on Framing, Wall Active Layer allowed me to see the wood slats in Vector View but Standard and Physically Based (Ray Trace) showed one flat wall with no wood slats until I hit the Build Framing For Selected Object(s) button.  I didn't know that was a need step for this to work.  Thanks for the help.

3 hours ago, GregoryStorm said:

Ah.  Turning on Framing, Wall Active Layer allowed me to see the wood slats in Vector View but Standard and Physically Based (Ray Trace) showed one flat wall with no wood slats until I hit the Build Framing For Selected Object(s) button.  I didn't know that was a need step for this to work.  Thanks for the help.

If you don't need the black "shadow" behind the 2x2 Slats , just delete the black layer from the Wall Definition.

Mick.