Defaults for layout box labels

Bill_Emery

I'm looking to change the defaults for the layout box labels, and I've not been able to find them.  Can someone point me in the right direction.

If  you want to control the text that is done via the layout box label layer.

The drag handle for the label is pretty small in my opinion.  I would like to see it bigger so you can easily grab it without having to zoom in to find it.

Yes ,you have to zoom in to see it sometimes, to me it just another click that is not needed.

aren't the handle settings adjustable in the preferences, somewhere with the selection color and such??? For some reason I am thinking you can assign a pixel count for selection handles to control size.  I will look into that...

I am sure you are correct Mike,  I don't mess with it because then the handles would be TOO BIG.  I just zoom in,  I suppose it could be made more user friendly.

The handle sizes are settable in preferences. The handle doesn't change size when you zoom. If the issue is that you are having trouble seeing it then changing the colors would probably be the better solution.

Thanks Doug,  never messed with it before,  OOB is 4,  no complaints on the OOB,  I  just bumped it up to 6 to see if I like it better.

Does any body know what the BUMPING/PUSHING FOR TYPE I MOVEMENT is about?  I just noticed this,  I believe this is new,  anybody know?

post-50-0-04252300-1394723605_thumb.png

That addresses one of your requests from beta to not use bumping or pushing when you use tab/enter or type in dimensions. Unchecking it puts things back to the way they were in X5 where moving things using dimension or tab/enter would also push or bump. This does mean you can push cabinets into walls, but so far no one has complained about the change in behavior so I think we got the out of box setting right.

That addresses one of your requests from beta to not use bumping or pushing when you use tab/enter or type in dimensions. Unchecking it puts things back to the way they were in X5 where moving things using dimension or tab/enter would also push or bump. This does mean you can push cabinets into walls, but so far no one has complained about the change in behavior so I think we got the out of box setting right.

Hmmmm,  I assume the OOB setting is unchecked,  if that is the case.....  yeah.....  now that you mention this,  I have not noticed this frustration,  thanks.  

If you ask me,  it should always be unchecked,  not sure why anybody would want this checked,  I will monitor now that I know this.

OOB more commonly means the settings that are shipped with a fresh install of the program (these are usually called factory defaults) which may not be the same as New Plan. 

A New Plan opens your default template plan - not the OOB settings.

If you go to Preferences...Reset Options, you can set preferences back to the factory defaults or OOB settings.