Retaining screen porch post locations when adding door to railing wall.

McCallOfTheWild

Looking for help to see if it's possible to add a door to a screen porch railing wall without the posts moving. Obviously there has to be posts for the added door, but is there a way to keep the other posts on the railing wall from auto moving? I've ticked "retain wall framing", but does nothing, and the posts relocate themselves. How do I stop the posts from moving?

Attached is the problem I'm having. The lower railing wall posts were aligned under the "attic wall" posts, but when I added the door, the lower railing wall posts moved. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 10.19.40 AM.png

This has been discussed quite at length on many occasions so a search for this information would be very helpful for you.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/search/?q=railing wall posts&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and

Couple of quick helper tips:

1.) Try breaking the wall and seeing what happens to the posts

2.) Make it invisible and place your posts and beams manually with the framing tools to get precise locations, footings, precise labels, etc.

When I do the screened porches, I generally place the posts and beams manually so you can do what you want. It does however depend on how the porch looks. Doing it manually really doesn't take that long once you get the hang of it and makes it easy to dimension posts.