Showing a single room in Layout

mdavisdcb

Just draw one room or if that is not possible then crop what you want to show with the layout box but if you have perimeter notes in plan view that does not work well and you would then need to do the cropping in plan view with cad patches.  It just depends what all you need to illustrate and present.  Plenty of different tools and methods depending on your style and requirements.

1 hour ago, mdavisdcb said:

I am working on a kitchen plan layout and would like to show the kitchen floor plan layout on this page. However I can't seem to figure out how to single out a room view to send over to layout. Any suggestions? 

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/48/creating-layouts-and-construction-documents.html

Go to 20:20 of the video.

Paste "Editing Layout Views" into help and press enter.

• Upvote 1

What I have learned is change the floor plan view to whatever view you want from the upper menu dropdown. Then send it to your layout, once there you can crop it with the handles on the sides this will get you most of the way there. if you have an oddly shaped room, you can use the break tool in the bottom menu to break the border of the view and continue resizing with portions of the border.

Screenshot 2021-12-08 111228.jpg

Screenshot 2021-12-08 111022.jpg

Untitled 3.png

Screenshot 2021-12-08 111511.jpg

Screenshot 2021-12-08 111648.jpg

Screenshot 2021-12-08 111753.jpg

• Like 1