Exclamation Inside a caution sign that wont go away

Denzil

Go to solution Solved by BenMerritt,

Hello, went to bed 2 days ago after working on this plan for like ever, anyway when I went to bed all was fine no symbol but when i opened it up the next day the caution warning symbol raised its ugly head. I have taken cross sectional views of this section and I cant find my mistake. I am attaching the plan. Be gentle and don't shred me, I'm new at this. I'm not in love with the varying roof heights on what should be a straight forward roof either but it took me a long time to get this far with it. This is an original plan so yeah I've had to work through what it was supposed to look like and the learning curve has been quite steep to this point, Any help would be AMAZING! Thanks   Ok just kidding my file size is now at 80 meg so I cant upload it. Any Suggestions?

...my file size is now at 80 meg so I cant upload it. Any Suggestions?

If the warning is indicating that you have a wall that is set to an unusual angle, you will typically see another indicator attached to your cursor.  You can actually turn the cursor indicators off but I would strongly recommend against this.  Also, you should be able to hover over the icon or click on it to get more information about what the warning means.

Regarding your plan file being too big to upload, the first thing to try is to save the file in a compressed archive folder (zip it) so that it is much smaller.  If that is still too big to upload, then I would recommend removing things from the plan, that don't affect the problem area, until it is small enough to zip up and upload.  One easy way to do this is to use the Delete Objects tool that lets you remove whole groups of objects quickly.

And, as always, if all else fails, then you should contact our technical support team during their normal business hours.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/

9 hours ago, Denzil said:

all was fine no symbol but when i opened it up the next day the caution warning symbol raised its ugly head.

If this is actually true and not just something you did not notice at the end of a long work session.  Which is highly unlikely even for a new user if:

18 minutes ago, Dermot said:

you will typically see another indicator attached to your cursor. 

Then tech support needs to be clear that it happened that way.  This would indicate a much more serious problem with the software or your hardware, but it would benefit us all to find out the problem and solution so please post your results here for the rest of us.

16 hours ago, glennw said:

Do you see an Off Angle Wall icon attached to the cursor?

What happens if you click on the yellow triangle?

Looks like it is an Off Angle Wall under the counter top?

Glen is correct clicking the yellow Icon should lead to a DBX popping up with a message telling you what the issue is.

M.

7 minutes ago, Denzil said:

ive gone through all the ceiling planes, i cant find it

It maybe a blip , but CA's Trey / Tray  Tool does not work well with Invisible walls (Room Dividers) and maybe confused by them, so other methods maybe needed.

Eg.   https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00201/creating-a-tray-ceiling.html

• Solution

The issue is that the ceiling finish in the family room and the hallway is different from the ceiling finish in the dining room and kitchen, as you can see if you delete the tray ceiling:

image.thumb.png.1b467fd43ffc7b305e04b36f6c427849.png
Tray ceilings will "flood fill" into adjacent rooms through invisible walls if the ceiling heights are the same. This is useful for non-recessed tray ceilings, but it's admittedly less useful for recessed ones. Changing the ceiling material in those rooms to all be the same color would fix the warning. Alternatively, if you want to keep the color difference, you can use the "Explode Tray Ceiling" command to break the tray ceiling polyline down into its component ceiling planes and then pull back the large "outer" ceiling plane that has overflowed into the adjacent rooms:
image.thumb.png.d57a08fe1b44176581860ce975cec840.png

THANK YOU for submitting this question, Denzil!  I had the SAME issue SUDDENLY occur.  Could not for the life of me figure out what the heck to fix to get rid of "the yellow triangle with the exclamation point.  SAME tray ceiling issue...BenMerritt thanks for solving the mystery.  Solver--indeed "nonsense" that this occurs with recessed tray in combo with invisible wall--e.g., breakfast nook off of kitchen.

FINAL View 5.bmp

1 hour ago, B4UBLD said:

Unfortunately, I DON'T have different ceiling materials in the adjoining rooms.  So I guess no fix for me here:huh:....

Do you have a room adjacent that is two stories?  As in there is a room above the adjacent room with open to below selected?  If so you do have two finishes as the adjacent room reads as a separate ceiling finish.  If that is the case (took me a while to figure that out on a job) then use Dermot's suggestion above.

On 12/6/2021 at 11:39 AM, BenMerritt said:

This is useful for non-recessed tray ceilings,

Hmmm, I beg to differ;) How would you recommend closing up the side of a non-recessed tray ceiling that terminates against an invisible wall?

I have a situation where I have a tray ceiling between 2 other rooms, separated by invisible walls. I replaced the invisible walls with interior walls and used a full width doorway to create the openings while still providing a termination for the tray ceiling. Unfortunately, Chief decided to stick it to me and will not place drywall on the top of the doorway on one of those walls.

image.thumb.png.a5c30a08a7dd4390a8ce70ef7e49ff02.pngimage.thumb.png.9170709bf47407a9055d28b45b6c23c6.pngimage.thumb.png.c4fc991da6cd893dbbea13cef25b7ba9.png

4 hours ago, robdyck said:

How would you recommend closing up the side of a non-recessed tray ceiling that terminates against an invisible wall?

In that case, if you can get away with it, I'd just use soffits. They're a little clunkier to edit, but at least in real life, a non-recessed tray ceiling is basically just a soffit.