ordering layers

ElzaBDesign

Hi, 

I am desperately trying to place an object on top of another one (sofa on top of rug). I have tried several times placing the object in front of a group of objects (using the white square and black square and the next step as well)  and same thing the other way around just in case I was doing it wrong without success. I also followed your instructions on this regard in the support page and it is not working. Any insights why would be most helpful. 

Thank you!

Please see if this training video helps:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/61/controlling-the-drawing-order-of-objects.html?playlist=97

If you are still having problems, then you might want to post the plan so that people can try and figure out what is going on.  Here is a post with some tips on how to get good answers when you post:

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/23-how-to-get-good-answers-when-you-ask-questions/

If all else fails, then you may want to contact tech support.  Please note that this forum is not part of tech support.  This forum is setup for users to help each other on a strictly volunteer basis.

"Hold the shift key and select the rug and all the furniture that is setting on it and block them. There are times this method will trigger whatever the hang up is. I've had to do this at times to get one chair out of 6 to go under a dining table."

This should not be necessary.  If you ever find a case where you can't control the display correctly with the draw order tools, then please report this to our technical support team.  Please include a plan that demonstrates the problem along with a picture of what you are seeing and a detailed description of what you are trying to do.