Any way to set linetype for countertops on an individual basis?

Richard_Morrison

Just to make sure I am not missing something obvious, is there any way to set a cabinet countertop line style for individual cabinets? I can come up with a bunch of workarounds, but would love to be able to easily set just a few countertops to a dashed line style for demolition without changing EVERY cabinet. Turning off a countertop and drawing a dashed line manually is always an option, of course. Similar situation with sinks in cabinets. (No way to set a fixture layer individually for a sink that I can find. I can delete the sink and add a 2D block, of course.)

1 hour ago, Richard_Morrison said:

Just to make sure I am not missing something obvious, is there any way to set a cabinet countertop line style for individual cabinets? I can come up with a bunch of workarounds, but would love to be able to easily set just a few countertops to a dashed line style for demolition without changing EVERY cabinet. Turning off a countertop and drawing a dashed line manually is always an option, of course. Similar situation with sinks in cabinets. (No way to set a fixture layer individually for a sink that I can find. I can delete the sink and add a 2D block, of course.)

Use the custom countertop tool select the ones that stay and use create custom countertop tool for those then select the ones that go.  Then you can change the line style for the demo one.

For the sink select it and use the new edit cad block tool to change the 2d symbol.

that way it is still there in 3d to reference.

1 hour ago, rgardner said:

Use the custom countertop tool select the ones that stay and use create custom countertop tool for those then select the ones that go.  Then you can change the line style for the demo one.

For the sink select it and use the new edit cad block tool to change the 2d symbol.

I think the custom countertop approach works pretty well. Thank you! I've tried editing the CAD block (select cabinet with sink, edit CAD block, change CAD to dashed lines), but for some reason, even though the edit looks good, when I save "only this instance", I don't see the 2D block change to the new version. This will take a little more troubleshooting.

10 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

I think you already discovered the solution :

Well, that's pretty embarrassing! :P It's amazing all the stuff you can forget when you don't use a complex and ever-changing program on a daily basis. And that was back in the "olden days" when we didn't even have the direct Edit CAD Block command, which is the story I'm sticking to.