X13 Internal Rendering Error & Crash

Kadoyle8

1 minute ago, Renerabbitt said:

Aside from CAD details we can transfer everything from your X-12 template plan to a fresh new X-13 plan. A transfer specifically as opposed to a conversion. This should stop any issues. 

Thanks Rene, that's a good point. Is the best practice to maybe use the OOTB CA "Residential" plan template and then build on that? I am not so sure now that I have done this properly previously; conversion vs. transfer?

1 minute ago, wazzubrad said:

Thanks Rene, that's a good point. Is the best practice to maybe use the OOTB CA "Residential" plan template and then build on that? I am not so sure now that I have done this properly previously; conversion vs. transfer?

Open the residential OOTB
Use the File/Import/ tools to bring in your default settings and saved plan views.
You will need to re-build any CAD details

Just now, Renerabbitt said:

Use the File/Import/ tools to bring in your default settings and saved plan views.

Thank you Rene.

Side note; thank you for all that you do, videos, tutorials, RTRT tips. It's awesome.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, wazzubrad said:

Side note; thank you for all that you do, videos, tutorials, RTRT tips. It's awesome.

Thank You! I rarely get feedback, LOVE hearing that people are tuned in.
I may do a video on this, on my Facebook feed and YouTube channel if you are on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/3195137837435026

5 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

My experience was that this did not help 100% as importing defaults , imports the Dimension defaults automatically which are no longer the same in X13 ( whole module was re-worked) and they no longer worked correctly, ie snapping to elements not even visible. 

I am surprised Brad is crashing so much on a 1070 ( if sig is correct? )

M.

4 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

imports the Dimension defaults automatically which are no longer the same in X13

You may be correct, I am uncertain, but to the effect that new capabilities may warrant a re-working anyway? Same way utilizing SPV's was worthwhile effort to establish in new templates for all projects moving forward. I personally use the Active Dimension Default dropdown religiously now, much improved workflow!
I know that I had issues in legacy plans until I transferred them

19 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

My experience was that this did not help 100% as importing defaults , imports the Dimension defaults automatically which are no longer the same in X13 ( whole module was re-worked) and they no longer worked correctly, ie snapping to elements not even visible. 

I am surprised Brad is crashing so much on a 1070 ( if sig is correct? )

M.

Kbird - I saw my sig yesterday and I have tried to bring it current, but for some reason I can't get it to update. I have an MSI NVIDIA 3080 and Win11.

43 minutes ago, wazzubrad said:

NVIDIA just released a new Game Ready driver. I would suggest updating and reporting if you have any issues. CA camera views seem to be working without crashing in my newer plans. If I open up a plan based on my X12 template, it does crash, but my X13 plans seem to be working so far without a crash.

image.thumb.png.7df23674572ab0c03ecbde14366a01b4.png

Installed new driver and opened X13 plan, crashed in 30 seconds.....

32 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

@Neddick - Try Rene's suggestion on a new plan file and try a camera view.

I updated to Windows 11, then update the NVIDIA driver to 511.65

New MSI Desktop

• Intel® Core™ i9-12900K 3.2-5.2 GHz 30MB Cache
  • NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3080 12GB GDDR6X
  • 32GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16GB x 2)
  • 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD
  • 2TB 3.5" 7200 RPM HDD

I started with the residential template in X13 Premier and drew the entire house, except cabinets.

90 minutes so far and no crashes.

I tried to make it crash in standard 3D views and RTRT, but it's all good so far.

Two weeks ago when I updated to Windows 11, it crashed constantly.  I rolled back to Windows 10 but things are looking good now.

I wonder if this is related to Covid-19?  The device removed error and resulting crash seems to be spreading.

My setup:

X13

MSI NVidia GTX970

Windows 10 64b Pro

2 TB SSD drive C:

data is mirrored to MS OneDrive.

I would attach the working files, but the zip file is too big.  I have reported this to tech support.

870350862_Crashmessage.thumb.jpg.5f12b9d76cbfc739d081ee8b7dcc3429.jpg

This is the crash message.  When it appears the menu for the program is locked and there is no chance to save whatever you were working on.

273210260_Screenshotattimeofcrash.thumb.jpg.cbbbb183e4841c477bcdba39410bd942.jpg

If you click on "Check Knowledge Base" this is what you get:

1951199517_Nohelpforthistopic.thumb.jpg.01096d1b8989c4762f9e0ec6d4952f54.jpg

42 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

I wonder if this is related to Covid-19?  The device removed error and resulting crash seems to be spreading.

My setup:

X13

MSI NVidia GTX970

Windows 10 64b Pro

2 TB SSD drive C:

data is mirrored to MS OneDrive.

I would attach the working files, but the zip file is too big.  I have reported this to tech support.

870350862_Crashmessage.thumb.jpg.5f12b9d76cbfc739d081ee8b7dcc3429.jpg

This is the crash message.  When it appears the menu for the program is locked and there is no chance to save whatever you were working on.

273210260_Screenshotattimeofcrash.thumb.jpg.cbbbb183e4841c477bcdba39410bd942.jpg

If you click on "Check Knowledge Base" this is what you get:

1951199517_Nohelpforthistopic.thumb.jpg.01096d1b8989c4762f9e0ec6d4952f54.jpg

Try updating the NVIDIA driver to 511.65

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/

I also am getting this error even after the new 511.65 driver install. Unfortunately the new computer I just bought came preloaded with Windows 11. I have been using the Nashville sample plan from chief to test the problem. Seems to happen most often when I take an interior kitchen view. It is very frustrating to fork out all this money for a new pc and version x13 to not be able to use it. 

Render Error.png

9 minutes ago, KilianDrafting said:

It is very frustrating to fork out all this money for a new pc and version x13 to not be able to use it. 

I'm not sure you're allowed to say that.;) A few things that have helped me reduce the number of crashes:

• switch all camera defaults to Vector technique. 
  • turn off the library preview panel
  • adjust material default preview to vector view.
  • Only use PBR or Standard technique in a saved camera. 
  • Save the file before opening any camera that is using anything other than the Vector technique.

12 minutes ago, robdyck said:
  • switch all camera defaults to Vector technique. 
  • turn off the library preview panel
  • adjust material default preview to vector view.
  • Only use PBR or Standard technique in a saved camera. 
  • Save the file before opening any camera that is using anything other than the Vector technique.

OR just keep using x12 until the problem is eventually fixed. :D

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KilianDrafting said:

Unfortunately, all of my project files have been done in X13 and I wasn't experiencing this problem until about a month ago.  The problem has gotten progressively worse to the point where it is becoming difficult to make any progress.870350862_Crashmessage.thumb.jpg.5f12b9d76cbfc739d081ee8b7dcc3429.jpg

There is no chance to save anything, nor report the error, as in Rich's example.  Mine just crashes and exits.  

If you are in the clean up drawing problems during workflow, when a crash occurs, you have to go and check all the corrections that you have made.  It is easy, at this point, to miss something that you thought that you corrected, but has reverted to the error condition.  This is a real headache.

3 hours ago, KilianDrafting said:

Exactly what some of my Clients have done...... so sad.....especially with all the money spent on hardware and hours of wasted Time.

M.

On 2/1/2022 at 6:26 PM, Electromen said:

I updated to Windows 11, then update the NVIDIA driver to 511.65

New MSI Desktop

• Intel® Core™ i9-12900K 3.2-5.2 GHz 30MB Cache
  • NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3080 12GB GDDR6X
  • 32GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16GB x 2)
  • 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD
  • 2TB 3.5" 7200 RPM HDD

I started with the residential template in X13 Premier and drew the entire house, except cabinets.

90 minutes so far and no crashes.

I tried to make it crash in standard 3D views and RTRT, but it's all good so far.

Two weeks ago when I updated to Windows 11, it crashed constantly.  I rolled back to Windows 10 but things are looking good now.

Day two and still no crashes.  I opened an older drawing created on my Mac with templates from X12 and everything worked well in Windows 11.  NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X, NVIDIA driver = 511.65 gaming version.

Keeping fingers crossed.