Laptop Computer

RCarter

I'm looking for a good , reliable laptop to buy for when I travel and want to work on plans..What size hard drive, ram etc...should I be looking

at. I also want something easy to handle ( I use a 17" one now and its like carrying around another piece of luggage), I'm looking to spent $1000.00 Cn.

thanks

RCarter

Hi There,

I just went through a similar situation, here is a link to a discussion I had about it http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2427320/laptop-purchase-assistance.html

Lots of good options that are budget friendly.  I haven't made the move yet, but I'm leaning towards the lenovo Y50.  The opinions from that forum are from experienced and very knowledgeable people (on the tech side), I've gone there many times for upgrade advice (with success).

Hope this helps!

Bob,

Experience of over 20 yrs in tech consulting.

Actually, the big dig I have on IBM PC/Lenovo is they spec machines that always seem to have one or two components that are just not up to snuff (In the case of the Y50 it's the 5400RPM drive architecture).  This leads me to believe that they're dumping old tech MoBos with that model.

I know the ASUS ROG laptops have SATA III sub-systems, but Lenovo???  Can't find a mention of it (honestly, didn't go digging to deep).

jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the info.  While I can't get that indepth on the techological end (to a point yes, but not what you're describing), I usually go with advice and reviews from others...and for the most part have had success.

Does having the SSD in the Lenovo make up for the Asus not having one?  I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but am back and forth between the Asus and Lenovo.

Hope this is helpful the OP :)