Stair Not Working ? User Error?

Evolution

I started in the basement drawing stairs up to a landing that I built. I set the top of the landing to be above a bath room under the stair. I drew the landing "L" shaped to get it out over the bath room so it can have a flat ceiling at 8'. I continued building the stairs from the landing up.

On the main floor I created an open to below room for the stair (created by using the straight rail tool).

What I wind up with is per the attached. The landing is on the basement floor as is the second section of stairs.

May be it is because I didn't build the room under the stair according to the Knowledge base for room under stair?

post-1662-0-03459500-1419632257_thumb.jpg

post-1662-0-88490800-1419632286_thumb.jpg

post-1662-0-68630100-1419632304_thumb.jpg

post-1662-0-24775800-1419632326_thumb.jpg

post-1662-0-92988900-1419632343_thumb.jpg

Did you break the edge of the landing so the stairs will attach automatically?  the edge cant be wider than the staircase

you could try drawing the staircases 1st then clicking in the gap where the landing is to see if it auto-generates  , it will on simpler stairs....

Nice , an upgrade to X6 Bob  :)

Did you break the edge of the landing so the stairs will attach automatically?  the edge cant be wider than the staircase

you could try drawing the staircases 1st then clicking in the gap where the landing is to see if it auto-generates  , it will on simpler stairs....

Nice , an upgrade to X6 Bob  :)

I did break the stairs. I actually did winders to start with and they looked good but the decided they wanted to add a bath under the stair.

Draw stairs, click between them to automatically place the landing. Select the landing and resize it.

attachicon.gifs 1.jpg

Select the landing and click between the stairs using the break tool. Pull the edge over where you want it.

attachicon.gifs 2.jpg

Select the upper stair segment and move it over to the landing.

attachicon.gifs 3.jpg

Results

attachicon.gifs 4.jpg

I will give that a try!

Yanks

Eric