Ray Trace work around for Mac

SusanC

My apologies in advance if this has already been answered, but I cannot seem to locate any threads.

I know the new X13 Ray Trace engine does not work with Mac, but is there a work-around?

1.  An external GPU with a Mac?

2.  If a file is created on a Mac, can it be uploaded to a pc to use the ray tracing capabilities?  

Thank you,

Susan

Just to be clear, the new in X13 real-time ray tracing that will run on your GPU (video card) is not supported on the Mac.  The normal ray trace engine that uses your CPU is still fully supported on the Mac.

1.  I don't think so.  At least I have not heard of anyone who has done this successfully.

2.  Yes, you can take plan files from your Mac machine and open them on a Windows machine (and vice versa).  Assuming the Windows machine has a video card that supports real-time raytracing, you should be able to use this machine for your views.

Some more information about the real-time raytracing can be found in this video:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/10251/real-time-ray-tracing-setup-optimization.html

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact our technical support team during normal business hours.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1