Color Separate Wall. Easiest Way

simonas

What does Chief need to fix?

Before you can calculate a quantity for a material, you need to define it and add it with a new wall layer in your wall definition.

Use the Area Material Type and add a paint layer to your wall definition.

You can give it a thickness of zero.

Now use that wall definition for the 1 wall you want to change.

The paint quantity will now appear in the material list as a square area.

The easiest way to change the color of one wall in a room is to open the wall's dbx...Materials panel...Interior Wall Surface.

This will NOT change the material list though.

Andy,

You just beat me to it.

Keep in mind that the Interior Wall Surface material doesn't count in the material list. 

It is really just painting a finish appearance onto the wall's  inside layer (in this case, the plasterboard).

what is the easiest way to paint single wall in the room?

If you mean in plan view, you make a copy of the wall type and give that wall type a different fill for plan view.

If you mean in terms of camera views and materials lists, Glenn and Andy have concisely answered that question already.

DJP

Thank you all for help,

I thought there is an easier way. I would like to see "material painter" tool with single wall mode. So I can paint a single wall without breaking walls, changing types and copying new ones. Its just a wall paint, please make it easier.  

Thank you all for help,

I thought there is an easier way. I would like to see "material painter" tool with single wall mode. So I can paint a single wall without breaking walls, changing types and copying new ones. Its just a wall paint, please make it easier.  

Amen... We're on CA #16 (!) and it's still not here... Painting/applying different textures to separate walls is something I'm sure that absolutely everyone does 100 times a day, why do you have to spend like 20 clicks for such a simple and common task in this day and age is beyond me. How hard is it to add a shortcut like CTRL+click with material painter to paint a wall?

• Upvote 1