Access to Chief's Built-in "Global" macros

Alaskan_Son

I recently discovered a way in X13 to gain access to almost all of Chief's built-in "Global" macros.  I believe the only exceptions are %wall.top_elevation% and %wall.bottom_elevation%. 

Email me at alaskansons@gmail.com and I'll send you the system for $25.00.  You'll need to decide how and where exactly to use all the various values yourself, but all you have to do is drop a library object into your desired view and fully accessible global variables are automatically set to correspond with each of the following global macros:

%client.name%

%client.company%

%client.phone%

%client.secondphone%

%client.cellphone%

%client.fax%

%client.website%

%client.e-mail%

%client.street%

%client.city%

%client.state%

%client.zipcode%

%client.country%

%designer.name%

%designer.company%

%designer.phone%

%designer.secondphone%

%designer.cellphone%

%designer.fax%

%designer.website%

%designer.e-mail%

%designer.street%

%designer.city%

%designer.state%

%designer.zipcode%

%designer.country%

%file.dir%

%file.drive%

%file.ext%

%file%

%file.name%

%view.name%

%scale%

%sheet.size%

%living.area%

%page%

%page.print%

%numpages%

%lastpage%

%layout.label%

%layout.title%

%layout.description%

%layout.comments%

%revision.label%

%revision.description%

%revision.by%

%revision.date%

The values can be parsed using Ruby just like any other name:value pair.  Any item we already have access to one way or another was intentionally excluded. 

Again, the system is $25.00 and includes a custom library object along with some simple instructions.  My email address is alaskansons@gmail.com and my PayPal link is 

https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/alaskansons

Either send me a payment along with an email address or send me an email and I’ll send over a payment request.  

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
On 11/16/2021 at 4:47 PM, Alaskan_Son said:

I believe the only exceptions are %wall.top_elevation% and %wall.bottom_elevation%. 

Just a side note, but I've also found a way to access %wall.top_elevation% and %wall.bottom_elevation%.  These 2 values can only be accessed using notes and a note schedule though.