Anybody seen this? Shadow effect,

dshall

The problem is I have something in Tokyo so it is messing up the model.  Now I can at least find the offending item I will be good to go.

Thanks Mick for looking into this....  (look closer,  you will see the black line are offset from the colored shapes)

1 hour ago, dshall said:

I have something in Tokyo so it is

Using you iPhone were you :) 

Are you saying stuff is shifting when you print to PDF? , ( going from Chopsaw's post....)  I do see the shift now in the PDF..... 

yesterday I was looking for "Shadows" , not CAD Lines with a 3' offset....

One for TS for sure ...I have not seen that personally but am on a PC.

M.

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

One for TS for sure ...I have not seen that personally but am on a PC.

Pretty sure TS is quite aware of the situation.  Perhaps they are no longer interested though ?

It happens as soon as your terrain perimeter is wider than your structure or in Scott's case any rogue or intentionally placed object that is beyond the outer walls of the build.  It is just that it is much more obvious when you go international with your plan file.

59 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

It happens as soon as your terrain perimeter is wider than your structure

Isn't that always? 

maybe I am missing something? as I have not seen this issue , and was thinking it was a MAC thing but I guess not if you see it?

M.

15 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Isn't that always?

Unfortunately Yes that is usually the way it works unless you are always drawing townhouses in the city.

I think you could also reproduce the issue with a super-wide rambling ranch design that was maybe 10-12 thousand square feet or a commercial build.

I bet that last project that @ShaneK did would have been an issue if it used plot lines with color fill.

Here is a more recent example with a link back to an older thread as well but there are many others buried in the forum to be found.

That thread may explain it as I just about always "Clip to Sides"  as Robert suggested, not 100% sure this is Scott's issue though?

though it maybe also that I don't frequently send Color to layout. 

I have not seen a lot of Posts on this issue which is a bit surprising and maybe why Chief hasn't fixed it (not enough reports to get high on the list)

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/32422-color-fill-issue-in-layout/?do=findComment&comment=254794

M.

I found the issue.  There was a piece of drywall from 2 sloped ceiling planes that were not merged very well at the ridge.  Once I selected the two ceiling planes and merged all was well.

BTW,  I could not select the flying drywall....  because....  I do not know why....421940095_ScreenShot2021-11-14at10_38_40AM.thumb.png.96feab5143be5e176ecb92d38682329a.png

Nice find :)  .............that is a looong way from home.....

So the issue maybe a really big Plan Area, rather than just a Large Terrain Perimeter then....

Probably worth Reporting to Tech Support still as that still shouldn't happen....

M.