cabinet changes once installed

winterdd

6 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Why can't we go into defaults and change cabinet colors, door types etc and the already installed ones update all at once?

The things you mention, doors and colors, will change as long as you left them as "use default" or the wrench is clicked with the little red dot on it. The one that is tricky is material. Changing that in the cabinet defaults is a problem and doesn't work. That needs to be changed in the Material Defaults

-image.thumb.png.016370c0908bd138b472139ef4a513b8.png

Style palettes are great for things that are not dynamic defaults, and you can if appropriate make a style palette for say base cabinets, the when making a similar one for wall cabinets you can add it to the first one, same for tall cabinets. That way you can change a setting on all types of cabinets at once- for instance change the box construction on them all in a room, floor, or plan.

Note that I've been seeing some odd behavior with them lately, mostly involving toe kicks. It should be that if a setting is not selected the style palette will have no affect on it. I'm getting some random changes to toe kicks. Been too busy to investigate further and it could be this particular plan which has some odd quirks that may be affecting it. Won't really know till some time next week.

If all you want to do is a quick door change you can simply go to the library, select the door you want and then click on the cabinet door (in elevation or camera view) to change it.  No need to open the cabinet dialog box or mess with the defaults.  Just select the new door, click and apply to each cabinet and work your way around the kitchen.  Sometimes I think this simpleton way of getting the job done is the most time efficient

.  :)  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SusanC said:

If all you want to do is a quick door change you can simply go to the library, select the door you want and then click on the cabinet door (in elevation or camera view) to change it.  No need to open the cabinet dialog box or mess with the defaults.  Just select the new door, click and apply to each cabinet and work your way around the kitchen.  Sometimes I think this simpleton way of getting the job done is the most time efficient

.  :)  

Why did I never think of that? Thanks!