Insert Macros not working

Efflorescence

What can you do if NOTHING happens when you try to "insert macro" in a rich text box?

In most (but not all, apparently) dialogue boxes, I'm prompted with a whole slew of options to select from and they get inserted directly into my text box. But right now I'm working in a Layout template - on the Page 0 - and I'm inserting rich text and the insert macro option does absolutely nothing.

I've looked for a list of text macros so I could type them in manually as "%whatever.whatever%" but can't seem to find any such list on the WWW.

Fairly new to Chief so would appreciate any help out there!

Thanks, that for sure gets me started with the Layout category of macros. Glad it was quick for you!

I'd love a complete list of all the different categories (Contact info, File info, Plan info, etc.) ... 

I'm also just generally wondering why the Insert Macro isn't working in this case. 

Thank you, Bob.

Sarah

Seems to be working fine here , so I am not sure why it not there , you are using Chief Premier X13 correct?

image.thumb.png.e07661fab73c80b2ae391ebbd8d9f028.png image.thumb.png.148a58e7d1b96c8150a6aa08d533ae44.png

would be good if you do your Forum Signature so People at least know what software you are using....  How too....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/18908-signature-here-at-chief-talk/?tab=comments#comment-155662

Mick

Widen the Rich Text Box dialog so that the M> is displayed in the Toolbar.  Then when you select it you will get a choice of Global, Object Specific or User Defined.  

Those items should be available when you select Inser Macro when the dialog is too narrow - but they aren't - so I agree it's a bug.