RAZOR BLADE 17 Crashing

sthieldesign

13 hours ago, sthieldesign said:

How do I do that?

Windows Key, type graphic settings, set Chief to high performance.

Then NVIDIA control panel, global settings, restore

Then NV CP- program settings,  set Chief to always use the Nvidia card.

Then go to your power profiles and make adjustments or make a high performance power plan (search the web on how). Be sure that machine is set to use high perf power plan on both plugged in and battery. IF you need better battery life and use a different power plan stay away form PBR renderings.

While your at it go to your template plan(s) default settings, 3D View Defaults, Rendering Techniques, Physically Based, UNCHECK Use Ray Tracing, (so that DBXs don't use Ray Trace)

and set Daytime backrdrop Intensity to something like 500 (may need to turn that down sometimes, rarely do I turn it up) IF you need RTRT then select it for the individual camera using rendering techniques.

FWIW my laptop has a bit more kick with a 2070s compared to your MaxQ and can struggle if I'm pushing things but is quite serviceable. Doing the above should end crashes unless there is something amiss with the plan (be very careful importing symbols for instance) and careful about how many lights are in use for a view (use light sets)

• Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 2:02 PM, sthieldesign said:

Does anyone else have the Razor Blade 17 and experience it crashing while using Chief X13?

I purchased because it was the fasted and newest gaming computer. 

Attached are the details on the Laptop. It was $3000 and crashes!

Laptop info.PNG

Do you mean you just got this ? and someone told you it is the latest and greatest? ........I hope not.... as for $3000 you should of gotten

the newer 2021 Version which would have the 3000 series videocard in it eg a 3070 or 3080 perhaps if on sale.

https://www.razer.com/gaming-laptops/Razer-Blade-17/RZ09-0406BEC3-R3U1

How to identify a Razer Blade model

If it is in fact a year old?  ( or nearly) I would start a case with Razor just incase there is an issue and a warranty repair is needed, while you try other things as suggested here......

Mick.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sthieldesign said:

Thank you all for your input!  I am going to return this laptop!3080

Have not experienced any of this with my desktop which is GeForce 

Probably a good plan as my laptop has the same specs as you posted above and it is now over a year old....( last Aug.)

I think that is the 2020 Model ,( old stock)  not the 2021 model , and the 2020 model should of come with a good discount.....

Mick.

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2021 at 9:35 AM, MarkMc said:

Windows Key, type graphic settings, set Chief to high performance.

Then NVIDIA control panel, global settings, restore

Then NV CP- program settings,  set Chief to always use the Nvidia card.

Then go to your power profiles and make adjustments or make a high performance power plan (search the web on how). Be sure that machine is set to use high perf power plan on both plugged in and battery. IF you need better battery life and use a different power plan stay away form PBR renderings.

While your at it go to your template plan(s) default settings, 3D View Defaults, Rendering Techniques, Physically Based, UNCHECK Use Ray Tracing, (so that DBXs don't use Ray Trace)

and set Daytime backrdrop Intensity to something like 500 (may need to turn that down sometimes, rarely do I turn it up) IF you need RTRT then select it for the individual camera using rendering techniques.

FWIW my laptop has a bit more kick with a 2070s compared to your MaxQ and can struggle if I'm pushing things but is quite serviceable. Doing the above should end crashes unless there is something amiss with the plan (be very careful importing symbols for instance) and careful about how many lights are in use for a view (use light sets)

This advice needs its own thread titled to easily identify the scope of the thread. I have struggled a bit with slowdowns with my projects as they progressed...the tell tale slow downs were always revealed by lengthening periods "grains of sand" time as the RTRT redrew with every mouse move...I changed my settings per Marks easy to follow instructions and the identical plan went from 5 or more seconds to redraw RTRT (end of"grains of sand") to no lag.

Thanks MarkMC

Regards

Rick