Roof Ovehang question

Rashid_Garuba

Hello,

Haven't work in Chief for some time.. should more consistently for muscle memory..! At the entry of this house the Stone walls and brick walls are all set to 5" overhangs.. However the Roof (First Floor) is requiring quite different manual overhang to look the same in 3d. Looks like the overhangs are 5" from the brick rather than main layer. I've checked the walls.. no answer there..

Thanks

11-2-2021 3-29-57 PM.png

4795 Merlendale Ct Court.plan

33 minutes ago, Rashid_Garuba said:

I've checked the walls.. no answer there..

Oh yes there is  :) turn on your Reference Layer and you will see your Basement Walls are coming right upto the Roof Plane as they are not under the 1st Floor walls...(Align walls below or above needed) looks like you moved something and the Foundation is not set to auto reBuild so...

There is actually two walls there as CA walls always "look" for roof Planes above them ( or another wall/floor )

image.thumb.png.bf36947d410c474df96baca25b3369a3.png  image.thumb.png.e848cbdfa25b32cb969e7b0a9ede1915.png  image.thumb.png.b8f03b3de0468f153d1dbf23431958ed.png

2 hours ago, Rashid_Garuba said:

Soooo simple... once you think the way Chief thinks..

Happy to help ...and you are right ....learning the way Chief "thinks"  ( or works) does help , at 1st I thought you had the reference layer on but

that was actually your CAD Imported Layer, , so the two walls were not the 1st thing I looked at.

M.