stevenyhof

Does anyone know how to turn glass into a solid so that in Line Drawing camera mode you cannot see thru it?

There are Louvers as a Window Type, but the material seems to be glass and yet you cannot see through the louver panels, only the gaps.

Now and then I like to use a window as a panel for under a window, but when I show my model in Line Drawing you can see thru it.

Thoughts?

image.thumb.png.8a260c32172e2f7555d70d9157b2ed6d.pngimage.thumb.png.e1a422cb271d93ce53e97003c91c38f4.png

9 minutes ago, stevenyhof said:

in Line Drawing camera mode

image.thumb.png.1984e24d40c07a825b2224abaeb48944.png

11 minutes ago, stevenyhof said:

image.thumb.png.e1a422cb271d93ce53e97003c91c38f4.png

image.thumb.png.5359404276149d4b61d65c34578932ef.png

Sorry Steve but I am not seeing what you are actually looking for other than using the opaque window glass option in both "line drawing" rendering style (1st example) or if you are referring to a "standard" rendering option w/ line drawing option (2nd example).

Are you looking for something else?

20 minutes ago, stevenyhof said:

Now and then I like to use a window as a panel for under a window, but when I show my model in Line Drawing you can see thru it.

If you are looking on how to do that panel a combination of a thin wall material region combined with a custom cabinet is one of the easier ways to do a panel below the window.

image.thumb.png.ad91a2228847263d0e501686028c3ced.png

Thank you for jumping on this!! I will try the opaque window glass option. I like the depths the window offers and has a number of options to mess with to match panels to existing remodeled homes. The Region is too flat and I know I can mess with that also, but a window and be a nice panel on a window or under windows on the sides of a door. If all fails, I may just add a solid over the glass.

1 hour ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Use a separate window with an opaque material.  Mull them if you want them to be a single unit.

Note that once you get a window set with the desired "glass" material - which can be anything - you can add it to the user library for future use.

This works in several modes but not Line Drawing

14 minutes ago, solver said:

What about the inside? What does it need to look like?

Good call. But on this job I don't care about the interior. But very true for if you need the wall, then I think I will try using...

1 hour ago, rgardner said:

I strongly recommend you check out using cabinets for those panels.  Easily adjusted to what you want and very quickly.  The wall material region was only to cut the brick material back to the sheathing layer.

I will have to give this a try

Thank you gentlemen!

This is what I have...

You could remove the trim and add a polyline and paint to match the wall

image.thumb.png.312efb414e7611abebc0cc37492126a4.png

Outside

image.thumb.png.d248b22bc1bae1a454e6d468bae42f95.png

I like that you can control the sash and the frame to get different panel sizes, but a cabinet may do the trick. I like the idea of a window because it plays nice with the windows and doors.

Steven,

Select the window, remove casings, lintel & sill.  set the material to something opaque such as "Solid Panel" - then convert to a "Door Symbol" using the little chair on the Edit Toolbar.

Once placed in the plan it can be changed to a "Fixed" door and sized vertically to fit below your Window and "Mulled".

image.thumb.png.0604d96a998f7395b503a9235cf3cb2a.png 

The "mulling" tool will add the casings, etc to the mulled unit.  To edit the panel, select the mulled unit, right click and select next item.  That will allow you to modify the materials, etc as desired.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Steven,

Select the window, remove casings, lintel & sill.  set the material to something opaque such as "Solid Panel" - then convert to a "Door Symbol" using the little chair on the Edit Toolbar.

Once placed in the plan it can be changed to a "Fixed" door and sized vertically to fit below your Window and "Mulled".

image.thumb.png.0604d96a998f7395b503a9235cf3cb2a.png 

The "mulling" tool will add the casings, etc to the mulled unit.  To edit the panel, select the mulled unit, right click and select next item.  That will allow you to modify the materials, etc as desired.

I'm trying it, but once it is in my library and I select it, it will not place in plan view or camera view. ??? I removed the casing, lintel and sill.

image.thumb.png.85ef81c7e10fe37da2ef5e0648541abc.png