Send To Layout and Save View Issue - Black Screen Flashes

Kbird1

I thought this was a common Issue , which started with X13, but I was told yesterday T.S. is not aware of it , though I am certain others have mentioned it here on the Forums, so I thought I'd get a consensus here before reporting it, as at this point I don't believe it is my system or Videocard ( RTX 3080 )

Yesterday's report , was that it is happening on a 1080 and TS has suggested he get a new Videocard....

This is a link to a short Video I made today while Sending to Layout and Saving Elevation Views 

https://www.screencast.com/t/OR12Yci6

Mick.

Yup I get that on every trip to layout that I send.  Have since beta test and did report and thought several others have as well.  It doesn't take more than a couple seconds so hasn't been high on my list but yes it is an issue with my Mac system as well (both desktop and laptop.)

I get the same black, disjointed elevations you show as they are sent to layout.  I do not get the black "flash" you show when saving a view though.  I reported my black, disjointed elevations to tech support yesterday.   

Screen Shot 2021-10-27 at 12.02.14 PM.png

2 hours ago, rgardner said:

Yup I get that on every trip to layout that I send.  Have since beta test and did report and thought several others have as well.  It doesn't take more than a couple seconds so hasn't been high on my list but yes it is an issue with my Mac system as well (both desktop and laptop.)

Thanks for the confirmations , I knew I wasn't the only one experiencing this , but thought they had been working on a fix since it started in Beta , so I had not reported it since we got the Full Release.

I have not experienced any crashes with this issue , but when you spent a lot of time, sending a large project to Layout it is decidedly annoying..... and a waste of time...

You did better than me Susan :) , I couldn't get a screengrab , so had to do the short video....

Mick.

Related Issue: 

Applying a white background image solves both from what I have found today

1649825554_ScreenShot2021-11-04at10_40_06PM.thumb.png.ec0a9fe518f3b25b33673a49f63437ca.png1161328248_ScreenShot2021-11-04at10_41_52PM.thumb.png.3f30abddd27a3d6457855e21f374350f.png

It has something to do with the 'transparent' background. For many mac users the pdf export for view cameras with transparent backgrounds end up printing as 'black' when printed from pdf, even though you don't see the black background in the pdf itself. The white background seems to solve this - I also noticed that it stopped the black 'flicker' described here as well.

Cheers

Kyle

1 hour ago, kylejmarsh said:

Related Issue: 

Applying a white background image solves both from what I have found today

1649825554_ScreenShot2021-11-04at10_40_06PM.thumb.png.ec0a9fe518f3b25b33673a49f63437ca.png1161328248_ScreenShot2021-11-04at10_41_52PM.thumb.png.3f30abddd27a3d6457855e21f374350f.png

It has something to do with the 'transparent' background. For many mac users the pdf export for view cameras with transparent backgrounds end up printing as 'black' when printed from pdf, even though you don't see the black background in the pdf itself. The white background seems to solve this - I also noticed that it stopped the black 'flicker' described here as well.

Cheers

Kyle

That other thread is confusing because they are using the export to pdf instead of print to pdf feature.  

13 hours ago, kylejmarsh said:

The white background seems to solve this - I also noticed that it stopped the black 'flicker' described here as well.

I have not been in Layout this week to test, but are you sure the Update earlier this week didn't fix this? , it has fixed some other issues for me.....

the PDF.... chief-architect-x13-update-notes-23.3.0.81.pdf

18 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I think it got in too late for the latest fix, maybe next time.

for me it has been around since Beta , so I assumed it was already being worked on until I saw the Post about T.S. saying someone needed a new GPU after seeing the Flashing during an online help session.

M.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/31692-toolbars-corrupting-in-x13/?do=findComment&comment=254672

I am also getting the black screen flash when sending a view to layout. or updating a view. Also if its a live view (update on demand) it doesn't like to update properly. The view got messed up( exploded into squares of the image) and would not repair. I had to open the camera and save it when I closed to get it to update.