Attic Wall Material

cajunland

Go to solution Solved by robdyck,

I cannot remove attic or knee wall material on the exterior side (inside the attic space) to gain realistic view.

I can change exterior wall side material and even delete Exterior Layer material in Wall Specification/Wall Type as shown in pics below.

Is there an update to this issue in X13 or another thread relating to this issue I missed?

Progress in plan:

Add Structure and Details

- Build roof planes- completed

I believe Build the framing comes next.

Am I expecting the ability to see studs making up attic wall or knee wall exterior side too soon in the design process?

Views and of room attic wall attached below.

Upper Floor Wall Abutting Hip Roof and Dormer Interior Side.pdf Upper Floor Wall Abutting Hip Roof and Dormer Exterior Side.pdf

• Solution

You can turn on automatic wall framing to see framing update throughout the design process...automatically!

To remove wall surfaces within the attic, you need to check "Lower Wall Type if Split by Butting Roof". (paste quote into Help)

Quick tip: double click a wall, go to roof tab, press "help".

• Upvote 1

I think I will have to address solver's question to get dormer side wall divided to remove exterior siding inside attic.

Thanks for pointing out Help under Wall Specification dialog. Never thought to use that before.

OK.

So I did the following:

-Turned on wall framing.

-Checked "Lower Wall Type if Split by Butting Roof".

-Checked "Knee wall" under roof option.

-Applied new wall type/interior- 4 with no exterior layer for attic.

And now I see framing on knee wall inside attic. Inside looks good as designed.

Attic-knee wall no material exterior layer.jpg