Partition Walls within Main Structure

kwhitt

I'm working on a display for a retail plumbing/appliance showroom.  The main structure has 12' ceilings broken up by 9' tall partition walls to create vignettes for product display (see attached).  I've tried making these partition walls railings, however, I am then unable to insert doors and other cased openings properly.  I've also tried defining rooms within the main structure with the ceilings removed.  I get odd results using this method - second and third attachments.  Would someone please tell me the proper way to go about this or at least a workaround?  Thanks, Kevin

2021-10-25 11.50.45.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

48 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

Click in the "room" and select the SHELF CEILING option for those rooms and set the height. See if that works for what you want.

Thanks Joey.  I've tried that and I get mixed results.  It lowers some of the walls, but I lose the main ceiling of my structure - see attached.

04.jpg

Can you pull your outside walls temporarily away from the divider walls and set that exterior room at the higher ceiling height and all the inner stuff at the lower height with shelf ceiling selected and 0 ceiling definition, then pull the exterior walls back to the proper position?

13 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Drag one wall down to height you need, I added a wall cap. Then either P to P copy over other walls or drag it over the walls, breaking as needed . I set rooms to have ceiling, got rid of shelf ceilings, and set ceiling finish and structure to default.

image.thumb.png.00d1a9571abe4783b20c42d5a7fb1819.png

Drag one.zip 1.53 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks Mark.  I got it to work by pulling walls down.  Tedious, but it worked.  Kevin

21 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

I got it to work by pulling walls down.  Tedious, but it worked.

You only needed to pull down one wall. Then drag it over the existing walls, it will replace them. That way they are all the same height without fussing. Took me under 5 minutes after I figured it out.

A side note, just checked and this can also work for showers. Below, placed shower door, broke wall, dragged down, changed to glass wall, then dragged over side wall, broke front wall then changed side wall and portion of front  to pony walls.

image.thumb.png.ee24d4a04c0b4346121a0c9be10a6247.png

• Upvote 1