X13 Suddenly 'Stalling' Between Tasks and Upon Opening

HumbleChief

I understand these issues are not to be solved with a post in the Q & A forum but was curious if anyone else has experienced this? Yesterday afternoon X13 stopped responding with the little circle thingy just spinning away. Couldn't get to Task Manager couldn't close X13 just sat there for 5 minutes minimum and I ended up doing a hard restart. Upon the restart I opened a plan and the same thing happened, just stalled out. My wife taught that sometimes PC's just need a good night's sleep and they will fix themselves but apparently my PC did not sleep well last night and it took 3 - 4 minutes for Chief to load and has been stalling through working on today's plan.

Again I understand this cannot be diagnosed in a forum but anyone else experienced this? Cure? Steps to correct?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks you guys. Didn't really do anything of note, just (tried to) open a plan, and another plan as well. Weird that it locked up the entire computer with no access to task manager - nuthin.

I'll check those settings Mark but of course I changed nothing but open X13 and a plan to bring about the behavior

"Did you place a symbol or break the library by chance?"

That was a thought Ryan and will monitor through the day as it seems to be behaving better right now. Maybe just one of those 'computer things'?

2 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

Number one, I would run a "Repair" of the existing X13 and see if that helps. If no joy so a full uninstall-reinstall of X13. If it still persists, then a wider look at your computer is in order.

DJP

Thanks David, not sure what a "Repair" is. Can you elaborate a bit? Thanks

14 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

In Windows you go to the "Add Remove Programs" area and select X13, choosing "Repair" instead of "Uninstall" if available. The Windows runs a repair routine on  the selected program. Sometimes this works, sometimes a full  reinstall is then necessary.

DJP

Thanks David, appreciate the info.

It looks more like the computer itself is stalling upon startup and starting X13 only coincided with that main computer startup. Takes 3 -4 minutes to startup when first booted and may or may not try and find the culprit. Bottom line is it does not look like X13 was causing a problem and a wait through that 3 - 4 minutes seems to get everything back to normal speed.