door and window schedules

winterdd

Go to solution Solved by rwdozier,

Latest request.........builders love the door and window schedules for ordering purposes but framers hate flipping pages or even looking to the right and searching the schedule for door numbers then sizes when they are rolling with the framing.

Is there a way to add the door and window schedules but instead of a D10 or a W20 (examples) can the numbers be the door sizes (label) on the floorplan?

• Upvote 1

You want your label to be the R.O.?  Those window companies that size their units in fractions (I'm looking at you, Andersen!) will cause you some long labels.

The door companies also (and I'm looking at you, ThermaTru!).  And I was ThermaTru's VP Eng way back when.

Joey, my point should have been made more clearly.  I was talking about fractional dimensions for ROs.  Rob seemed to want something that told the framer just from the label how to size the RO.

The size chart of standard sizes for Andersen 400 doublehungs has ROs all at fractionals and they are eighths.  ThermaTru RO widths are all fractional.  No whole inch numbers.