overhang area and documentation

SH_Canada

CA doc indicates: "Roof overhangs are measured horizontally from the outside Main Layer of exterior walls to the end of the top of the rafter. They include fascia and shadow boards but not frieze molding or gutters. See The Main Layer"

I set my wall overhang to 36" in the wall DBX and the cross section shows correct:

image.thumb.png.a6d29dfda6883ca6c5f0d24ad92f0159.png

but the roof overhang area in plan view looks to include the subfacia, but not the facia.

This shows 3' to roof plane:

image.thumb.png.da25868d4f8f9bf3f76800b5f67a4c38.png

zooming in to measure the difference between the overhang(dashed) and the roof plane yields 3/4" which is the width of the facia.

Am I missing something here? when I click on help in the wall->roof dbx, it indicates:

image.thumb.png.5eb73c20a6171c7746ea38e447dc39bf.png

which seems to indicate it includes the subfacia AND the fascia

The overall dimension from roof plane edge to roof plan edge is correct at 32;+3'+3'

below shows all wall layers, showing the dim correct to the stud, so I dont think it is me picking the wrorg dimension point form the wall 

image.thumb.png.c2811dbed35db0e4146437a3289a40e9.png

roof properties:

image.thumb.png.44eb0a11cf171d6af6ee7e6e0be08812.png

image.png

I don't think you're missing anything. The Plan View displays the Roof Overhang to the exterior face of the subfascia, and it displays the Roof Plane to the exterior of the fasica/shadowboard. I believe the Reference Manual is not consistent with what is actually displayed. And, there is the problem with the language used to explain Boxed Eaves and Default to Overhang.