sloping a roof plane in 2 directions

BillsburgChief

You can do a curved roof section (I hate to call it a "plane,") but a not-curved one is a plain plane.  Planar means plane.  It can pitch any way you want, but you cannot "warp" a roof section in Chief.

When doing crickets, use the roof tool to create a new small plane ON TOP of the roof where you need the cricket.  Work in 3D and open the new little plane you drew to get its baseline elevation.  Do this where needed to determine the cricket's elevation numbers, baseline and ridge, or in cricket-speak, low point and high point.

Maybe someone can link to a tutorial video doing crickets.

Hi Dermot.

I think the poster was looking for how to make a shed roof slope diagonally rather than straight across the roof.   I get this type of request for near flat roofs that the owner wants to slope to a corner so that water can be directed to a downspout in one corner of the building.  I mostly try to deal with this by means of notes on the drawing because rotating the baseline as Chopsaw suggested causes the rafters to be skewed as well, not really a good idea.   It would be neat if you could make a shed roof slope in two directions relative to the main walls of the building.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

Hi Dermot.

I think the poster was looking for how to make a shed roof slope diagonally rather than straight across the roof.   I get this type of request for near flat roofs that the owner wants to slope to a corner so that water can be directed to a downspout in one corner of the building.  I mostly try to deal with this by means of notes on the drawing because rotating the baseline as Chopsaw suggested causes the rafters to be skewed as well, not really a good idea.   It would be neat if you could make a shed roof slope in two directions relative to the main walls of the building.

Yeah Doug, that's exactly what I meant, I know what it needs to do, just can't figure out how to draw it.  I'll probably just cover it w/ a note also.  I've attached a screen shot, between the gable (8:12 pitch sloping towards the left) and the shed roof (3:12 pitch sloping towards the rear), Is where I need the cricket. 

2021-10-12 (2)_LI.jpg