Tabulation of wall lengths

Richard_Morrison

I am being required by a plan checker to tabulate wall lengths for a whole house remodeling: Existing, Demo, and New. This is supposed to demonstrate that the new + demo'd walls are less than 50% of the length of the existing house walls.

I am trying to do this in Chief; the Wall Schedule is somewhat close, but not close enough to be useful. I am supposed to provide a diagram for the plan checker. I thought that a plan like the attached would work. Wall labels show up fine, but the labels do not show up in the wall schedule. I have no idea why not. Bug? It looks like wall hatching (which I use to show new walls) is capable of having its own label and being scheduled, but I can't figure out a way to get the hatching lengths to appear in any schedule. Any suggestions?

Plan.jpg

Wall schedule.jpg

27 minutes ago, Richard_Morrison said:

It looks like wall hatching (which I use to show new walls) is capable of having its own label and being scheduled, but I can't figure out a way to get the hatching lengths to appear in any schedule. Any suggestions?

What makes you think hatching can be scheduled ?  It does have a label so there are some things it can done but not an auto schedule.

1 minute ago, Richard_Morrison said:

I've looked at the "Wall ID", too, and have no idea where that number comes from.

Yes you could use the wall ID or simple schedule number or schedule number without the schedule prefix.

I believe they are auto generated based on draw order.