Displaying a door open in one view and closed in another

toucanskeleton

The title basically describes it. Is there a way to display a door as open in certain views (i.e. an elevation view), but not in others (i.e. on the floor plan, or a different elevation view)? And, if I want it to display halfway open in 3D views, but not on the floor plan, is there a way to do that?

57 minutes ago, toucanskeleton said:

Is there a way to display a door as open in certain views (i.e. an elevation view), but not in others (i.e. on the floor plan, or a different elevation view)? And, if I want it to display halfway open in 3D views, but not on the floor plan, is there a way to do that?

There is one exception if you are using plot lines for your elevations.  These do not update when you print so you can change the orientation after updating your plot line views and have something different in your live views or other plot line views.  Also camera views can be sent to layout as images so that can also be a solution.

You should be able to use the fact that we can place 2 doors in the one location.

That coupled with the Show Open option for 3D Display.

You then need to place the 2 doors in the one location and place them on separate layers so that you can toggle one of them off in the different views.

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 12.15.14 pm.jpg