Eyedropper inactive in MAKE NEW MATERIAL action

GeneDavis

I want a new color and go, Library>User Library> right click NEW> dropdown choose MATERIAL, get the panel, enter my new material name, then go to bottom L of panel, click on the eyedropper, and when moving it across anything, do NOT see any values in color panel.  

The eyedropper LOOKS active, in that my cursor changes from crosshairs to eyedropper, but it is not getting input from anything on the screen.

Is it my computer?

Screenshot 2021-10-08 111659.jpg

24 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

I want a new color and go, Library>User Library> right click NEW> dropdown choose MATERIAL, get the panel, enter my new material name, then go to bottom L of panel, click on the eyedropper, and when moving it across anything, do NOT see any values in color panel.  

The eyedropper LOOKS active, in that my cursor changes from crosshairs to eyedropper, but it is not getting input from anything on the screen.

Is it my computer?

Screenshot 2021-10-08 111659.jpg

When you select a color with the eye dropper it doesn't give you the RGB values?

I did a test, in library new material, name, color picker, first time using the color picker it does as you say , click ok and makes the color black. Then do it again and it works.

Tested again a few times more. Same then one had to click ok, color picker a couple of times for it to work

1 hour ago, GeneDavis said:

But I never got it to pick as if black

It shows black in the image of the DBX.

image.thumb.png.c9accb42f08acdbc9abced4842149c0b.png

Did you try clicking OK? Once in a while I've had to go back twice and when it doesn't pick something again it helps to click, select eyedropper again then  move it around the image. It's a bug for sure but can get around it. Also seams that once it's working it's ok until a new plan.