I can't see my windows in plan view

BillsburgChief

Go to solution Solved by Dermot,

9 minutes ago, Dermot said:

Is the color of your windows the same as your background color?  Try changing one of them to see if they are more visible.

Dang... I knew it had to be a setting somewhere, didn't even notice that.  Thanks Dermot!

3 minutes ago, robdyck said:

I see that background colors don't stick with an attached file as they are controlled by the program preferences. I noticed right away that the windows were grey and was wondering if you're background color was too dark.

Yeah, I've been playing around w/ the background w/ the new version, so I actually had quite a few layers I had to change.  Now I know!

2 minutes ago, BillsburgChief said:

Yeah, I've been playing around w/ the background w/ the new version, so I actually had quite a few layers I had to change.  Now I know!

Yup been there! And once you're down that hole, it can be tough to get out!

• 7 months later...

I had this issue too, sort of.   I had a door and a window in the same wall.  The door was visible in the plan view but the window was not.   I managed to fix it by deleting the foundation wall underneath it and then putting it back in.  The weird thing is there were no breaks in the wall itself the foundation wall underneath it.  I love Chief but it can drive you nuts sometimes.