snapping to elevation components

KellySantaRosa

I would like to modify details on an elevation drawing, specifically to insert a break in the landscaping at the edge of a building so I effect a slope in the land for drainage. I would like to do this quickly and accurately with a snap at the lower corner of the building. I am not sure if this is a possible toggle, but for some reason I can only snap to the gutters. Is there a way to enable snapping for the other components?

10 minutes ago, KellySantaRosa said:

I would like to modify details on an elevation drawing, specifically to insert a break in the landscaping at the edge of a building so I effect a slope in the land for drainage. I would like to do this quickly and accurately with a snap at the lower corner of the building. I am not sure if this is a possible toggle, but for some reason I can only snap to the gutters. Is there a way to enable snapping for the other components?

One simple way is to create a CAD detail from the elevation view. You can cut/paste from one view to the other as needed to generate reference points / lines, or to transfer CAD lines.

For example, you could draw you landscape CAD lines in the CAD detail, then cut/paste that item into the original elevation view.

Yes.  Create a cad detail from view of your elevation and paste hold position it back into your elevation view or just the selected components that you need.

Also if you are utilizing plot line views for your elevations in layout some minor editing of the layout view can be done for situations like that.

I have asked for a snap toggle in elevation views so possibly in a future version that is a tool that could be available.

Okay, thanks for the course of action. When transferring dimensions over, however, they gain an origin marker. I am assuming this is because they have nothing to grab onto in the elevation. Does anyone know how to produce dimensions on the elevations without any extra lines?

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 10.03.56 AM.png

Yes you can snap to some items that have edge lines otherwise you will need to use the cad detail method.  Or for the same level of accuracy use the marker method with the cross section lines and reduce the markers to 0" or turn the layer off to print.

2 hours ago, KellySantaRosa said:

Okay, thanks for the course of action. When transferring dimensions over, however, they gain an origin marker. I am assuming this is because they have nothing to grab onto in the elevation. Does anyone know how to produce dimensions on the elevations without any extra lines?

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 10.03.56 AM.png

Exactly what type of objects are you dimensioning in elevation view? Are the dimension defaults you are using set to locate those type of objects?