Box Window

joey_martin

I've used Chief's Box / Bay window tools and they work ok (sometimes) but I find them to be less flexible and more work to adjust the component settings than building a separate room where I can adjust the ceiling / floor finishes and heights manually.

But I'm not sure I know anything about Chief that you don't. What do you use, and what aspect bothers you the most?

30 minutes ago, robdyck said:

what aspect bothers you the most?

That box/bay windows date back to the begging of residential construction in America and yet, we have to jump through hoops to complete this task in a professional residential design software package.

35 minutes ago, robdyck said:

I've used Chief's Box / Bay window tools and they work ok (sometimes) but I find them to be less flexible and more work to adjust the component settings than building a separate room where I can adjust the ceiling / floor finishes and heights manually.

But I'm not sure I know anything about Chief that you don't. What do you use, and what aspect bothers you the most?

This is my experience with the Auto Bay/Box as well.....

Mick

16 hours ago, joey_martin said:

That box/bay windows date back to the begging of residential construction in America and yet, we have to jump through hoops to complete this task in a professional residential design software package.

Stairs go back a long way too...and the stair tool is lacking also. I hope I live long enough to see some improvement in the stair tool...:blink: