Terrain model - existing & proposed

stevesakiwi

I would like to have the capability to alternate between be terrain with existing & proposed terrain models....with the same pln. house model.

I have tried to have 2 different layers for Elevation data so I can switch one set of terrain heights on for existing & I have the other layer as elevation data proposed.

This doesn't appear to work as there appears that there is only one terrain perimeter, & you can not generate another terrain perimeter on an other (proposed) layer.

I don't want to have 2 separate pln. files as this would mean doubling up if an alteration is made to the working model.

The purpose is I want to show how the existing terrain sits against the house to derive cut & fill heights & yet to be able to show how the terrain will look once landscaping & retaining recommendations are done.

Does any one have a suggestion or how do you achieve this scenario.

Cheers, Steve

I'd love to see some examples of this before and after terrain's.  I've never even thought about doing that.  Most is kept in 2d on civil drawings.

Does this then translate into the elevation views to show both old and new??

2 hours ago, jtcapa1 said:

I'd love to see some examples of this before and after terrain's.  I've never even thought about doing that.  Most is kept in 2d on civil drawings.

Does this then translate into the elevation views to show both old and new??

Displaying it in any  view is simply a matter of layer display settings.

image.thumb.png.67da2f948bdafff0eb139b960b2a030d.pngimage.thumb.png.6a0a50ee0432326a0cce66bb6bb9f0e8.png

Hi guys,

I forgot to click follow topic, so not sure if anyone responded.

Anyway, I think I have a workaround that is reasonably simple.

1 - Create the terrain on a separate pln 'Terrain'  file....that terrain model can then be copy/pasted into the working plan as the normal Terrain perimeter layer....& modified with retaining etc.

2 - Create a 3ds symbol of the terrain in 'Terrain' file.

3 - Import back into 'Terrain' file.....set layer as Terrain Perimeter Existing.

4 - Resize symbol to match the modeled terrain in 'Terrain' file.

5 - Copy/paste into working plan & snap to overlay the Terrain Perimeter model.

6 - By switching layers, I can now simply alternate between the 2 different terrains & still show how the Terrain Existing lays against Elevations & Sections.

Please see attached jpg showing the normal terrain with the 3ds symbol further back.....damn....wouldn't upload!!!!

Cheers, Steve