Wheelchair ramp landing newel posts oddly doubled

Christina_Girerd

I'm adding a wheelchair ramp off a deck in two pieces with a landing in the middle.  I couldn't use the automatic settings because the top ramp was always about 2 inches below the deck top, so I adjusted heights manually.  The two sections are not at 90 degrees, which seems to create two partial newel posts.  (Tried it with 90 degree angle, and no issues)  I tried an auto-landing with straight edges first, and that had the same issue as when I slightly rounded the edges of the landing, so the landing shape didn't seem to be the problem, just the odd angle of the connecting ramps.  I tried to find a dbx setting to eliminate the newels for the landing, or for the top or bottom of the ramps, but didn't seem to have that option available.  As you can see from the image, the doubled posts look pretty bad.

Any suggestions?  Thanks.  

Railing 01.JPG

2021 10 04 SchC3 for railing.plan

I think you have found a bug as the Ramp posts Auto turn into 1/2 posts and don't join properly to the Landing Railings which makes them look like one is exploding out the other.

However if you Turn the auto Railings off the Ramps and Landing and draw your own it works okay ...though Chief has never joined Round Rails that well to Round Newels.....

image.thumb.png.067bc29456b280a4d1a0e2276cb36845.png

Thanks for checking it out.  I'll put in a bug report. 

When you say "draw your own" - I tried drawing drawing a straight railing or a deck railing, and neither would follow the slope of the ramp.  Do you mean manually drawing each pole and railing, or what am I missing since it looks like yours follows the slope.

13 minutes ago, Christina_Girerd said:

Thanks for checking it out.  I'll put in a bug report. 

When you say "draw your own" - I tried drawing drawing a straight railing or a deck railing, and neither would follow the slope of the ramp.  Do you mean manually drawing each pole and railing, or what am I missing since it looks like yours follows the slope.

No, just a railing with the Follow Stairs checkbox marked.....  ....draw the curved part straight and then use the ARC Tool to curve it, once done.

here is your plan back.....  SchC3forrailing.plan