x13 crash fest, video settings?

Gawdzira

I was having issues, per tech support things will run better with default settings in NV CP. So ...

Restore NV Control panel to default settings, remove Chief from program settings. Put chief back into program settings, I only changed Open GL rendering to use the Nvidia card (but I doubt that matters with X13)

Be sure Windows Graphic Settings has Chief set to High Performance. Solved my problems.

30 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

I was having issues, per tech support things will run better with default settings in NV CP. So ...

Restore NV Control panel to default settings, remove Chief from program settings. Put chief back into program settings, I only changed Open GL rendering to use the Nvidia card (but I doubt that matters with X13)

Be sure Windows Graphic Settings has Chief set to High Performance. Solved my problems.

After you previous post about that , I no longer put Chief in Program Settings at all and just set my 3080 as the OpenGL Global Settings instead.

I have been playing with the Aniso Filtering under Global and the Anti-aliasing as well , no Crashes , but not sure I see any real difference in CA either.

I am currently running the latest DCH ( 472.12) Studio Drivers instead of the Game Ready Drivers.

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/180559/en-us

Mick.

From the support after I told them changing the settings worked.

"To make things simple you shouldn't change any of those setting for Chief. Once you do all bets are off on whether or not Chief will work correctly. The defaults from Nvidia will work just fine and there should be no need to change anything."