X13 plan (assume cracked version) need colorized elevations

MorganW

I have PLAN file that was done by someone I now assume was using a cracked version of the software.

I came in with the original architects previous approved plans as PDF and only needed exterior renders to show the suggested changes to the building for city planning and zoning.

The guy did good work took about 10 days of back and forth. 

The city gave a conditional approval on the changes based on lumion renders and ask for official colorized elevation layouts for the file.

And suddenly the guy could not make those, they kept coming out grey / monochrome.   I gave it to my dad, who I found out has x10, and he could not open it. I came here and found out it is cracked software problem X13 doesn't open on x10.

So rather than upgrade my dads software (he's not an architect) and ask him to do the work (he's not an architect), I want to find out:

1. Does CA do colorized / texture elevations to layout in X13?   If it's a problem with cracked software, thats fine, but if X13, can't produce these color swatch layouts (see sample) and I need to use X12 or whatever can produce this for city.  Please let me know.

2. Everything is approved, down to the color and height of fences, bus stop, all of it.  So the only work I need done is 2 layout pages  in PDF with swatches on page 1.

After this is submitted for the file, the project is supposed to be picked back up by original architect for mechanicals for building / engineering, but who knows, this CA cracked software issue came out of left field.

need quotes fro folks who use X13, assuming it does colorized layouts, if not other ideas with quotes.

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 7.20.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 7.20.06 PM.png

houseplan1.plan.zip

Someone had the lighting all jacked up in the file and there are custom materials missing from the file.  Also there really is not much color now that you have decided not to have a roof.  Do you have a layout template or just plot out on blank paper ?

I don't know the answer here. The building is green roof now.  So flat roof.   And the "green" building requirements are basically off-white.  The city understands this, but P&Z code say 3 colors - so the accent bands are a slightly greyer off white.  The windows and gates doors etc are near black.  I have the 3 swatches if they are not in the RGB etc.

I'm sure he jacked the colors all up bc the 2D elevations kept coming out darker grey / monochrome.

yep thats it, the issue was he did it in some kind of camera view that when he did the sides of building they look grey. both without textured stucco

and when he did plot line, color fill? it came out monochrome even when he used these settings

There are a few more options and features that allow more customization that you might be used to seeing in X10.  In pervious versions I would not even consider standard view for elevations.  Would you like me to see what it would look like in plot lines and color ?

Yes sure. please.

To be clear I don't have any experience with CA x10, I just heard my dad mention CA a couple years ago.   I never expected him to do the work.  The exterior was pretty much controlled by city.  I have no idea what the original architect uses for software, his prices were so high it didn't make sense to use him if the city wouldn't let the project go forward.

The original approved elevations are colorized on a layout with color swatches.  And city asked for them again.

So I just assumed that must be a standard thing, like "colorized 2D elevation layout" would be some button on architecture software, bc it was page 2 and 3 of the approved plans.

But it maybe it's not a common requirement?  and the architect made then bc the city requires them - it's on the water in a beach town, and P&Z has a ton of opinions, but they also want green buildings now. Anyway, we got to the last step and hit a wall with x13.

If you can provide the original PDF's I can see if I can do my best to duplicate what you had with the new model I would also need the RGB colors to be sure they are correct.   And some cash if you are happy with the results.

This is about the best I could do with Chief's tools and that drawing.  Respectfully, the design of the "revised" version isn't very good (design wise).  Window seizes are all over the board, scale of some of the elements aren't great.  The example you show in images is obviously done by a professional whereas the Chief file version was amateurish.

concept_building.pdf