Poured footers and slab on a sloped terrain

AKnightClark

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

Brand new user here! First question: Is there a specific order in which the tutorial videos should be watched to learn with a better A to Z process? I'm watching a ton, but they are not in a helpful order, so I'm taking 2 steps forward, 3 steps back, making error that I have to correct, etc.

As for this particular topic, are there specific tutorials for creating a slab foundation that extends over a sloped terrain? I'm looking to make the footers, foundation walls, and slab. I've attached a screenshot from a CA video (unrelated) that shows the end result I'm looking for, as well as my work showing a floating slab.

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 11.34.18 PM.png

9 hours ago, solver said:

Thank you for your reply. The signature suggestion was helpful.

“Instead of focusing on solving specific problems, try to learn how the software works in a general sense.”

I believe I am doing well in the 2 weeks I’ve had the program; watching many, many videos and reading the instructions. However, I’m still unclear if there is a specific order to watching the videos that would be more of a chronological lesson. Do you have a suggestion for this? 

“When you build a foundation, review the options and settings. It should be obvious what to choose.”

Respectfully, it may be obvious to others, but I wouldn’t ask if it were obvious to me. I’ve watched the videos for basic walls, basic foundations, sloped terrain, stepped foundations. None of those include instruction on this point.  Can you offer a tip or starting point?

Welcome to Chieftalk.  This forum works really well for very specific questions about almost everything Chief related.  It doesn't always work that well for general, "where do I start?" kind of questions.  We do have a number of other resources that may work better in these cases.

If you have not already watched the quickstart video series, you may want to start there.  I believe it is designed to give you an overview of most of the basics in a more logical order.  You can find it here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/#playlist-138

Another thing you might want to watch, if you have not already done so, is the pre-recorded bootcamp webinar (that is also free):

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/playlists/171/recorded-live-stream-webinars.html

In addition to the regular training videos that are posted, we have a number of other training resources.  The residential introductory course is also available online and free.  There are other courses that are available for purchase including private training if you desire.  You can find out more information about training here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/training/

And if all else fails, please feel free to call our customer service to ask them more specific questions about our training resources.

• Upvote 1

• Solution

It appears you have made the Floor a 4" Slab for level one ( good) but have not created the Foundation Level (0)

which will give you the walls shown in the Stepped Foundation Article. 

Have you begun working through the Tutorial Guide? ( see Help Menu if not )  see page 49 for the basic technique

to build the Stem walls.

Mick.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

It appears you have made the Floor a 4" Slab for level one ( good) but have not created the Foundation Level (0)

which will give you the walls shown in the Stepped Foundation Article. 

Have you begun working through the Tutorial Guide? ( see Help Menu if not )  see page 49 for the basic technique

to build the Stem walls.

Mick.

PERFECT! Simple solution once you provided the concept for me to search. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.