How to curved the first few steps only?

jtcapa1

20 minutes ago, jtcapa1 said:

I thought I could do this with ease, but I must have forgotten how and could not find the resources at CA or here.

I'm doing a 3d model of an existing home plan, and these kind of steps are not so uncommon.

How does one generate the first couple of risers and treads this way with a quarter round curve?

Stair Issue.pdf 916.53 kB · 1 download

I would use shaped landings.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jtcapa1 said:

Okay.  So your saying each tread now becomes a "shaped landing"?

That is an interesting work-around.

I think he is as I don't think Chief can do those stairs using the Stair Tool, P.Solids would also work

PS best to use screen snips not PDFs so people can see directly in the Forum....

image.thumb.png.cf33b4bbf496149bc5fdf1ce2a241c7b.png

Okay. That did work with a bunch of fussing around, but for the life of me I cannot get those little pieces of railing to go away.  I click the treads and all faces, but the railing is turned off in all of them.  Any good way to force them off?

Stair Issue Rails.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Both seem to work.  I have always struggled to get this kind of cap on half walls and rails, as the railing tool does not allow for side pieces, but a custom shape used as a cap does.  Another small point is that when using landings you cannot access or wrap the "runner" as the original picture shows.  Seems only available on true stairs.  Granted I can spray paint the risers.  Also don't have access to the wall trim feature either.

Stair Rail cap.jpg

EntryFoyer.jpg