BACKDROP NOT SHOWING UP IN RAY TRACE

StephenM

When I go to add a backdrop it doesn't appear on the perspective view or in the rendering once I ray trace. I have the layer turned on, but still can't figure out why it won't appear. Tried searching the forum but can't find anything. What would be causing this not to appear?

Thanks

Each camera type has its own default  settings (called "Edit Active View") and each camera type can or not have a backdrop. By the same token, adding a backdrop to one camera type does not add a backdrop to ALL camera types, they each have their own settings and dialogs. In earlier versions this was not so but IS SO now.

DJP

4 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

Each camera type has its own default  settings (called "Edit Active View") and each camera type can or not have a backdrop. By the same token, adding a backdrop to one camera type does not add a backdrop to ALL camera types, they each have their own settings and dialogs. In earlier versions this was not so but IS SO now.

Just to clarify what David said.

Whilst each camera does have it's own defaults, they are not called Edit Active View.

Camera defaults and Edit Active View are 2 different things.

The camera defaults are used pre generating a 3D view whilst Edit Active View are used post generating a 3D view

When you use Edit Active View the settings DO apply to all camera types if you change the view type once the view is generated, ie. changing the view type from vector to standard.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, StephenM said:

When I go to add a backdrop it doesn't appear on the perspective view or in the rendering once I ray trace. I have the layer turned on, but still can't figure out why it won't appear. Tried searching the forum but can't find anything. What would be causing this not to appear?

How are you adding the backdrop and what type of view are you using?

What layer do you have turned on?

• Like 1