Wall Snapping

basilbabaa

Is there any way to prevent 2 walls from connecting when joined?

I need 2 walls to join but I need 1 to jutt out past the other by about an inch or two, but when they get that close they keep connecting and resizing each other in order to snap to one and other.

I just want to be able to manually control the length of a wall without it being smarter than me.

18 minutes ago, basilbabaa said:

Is there any way to prevent 2 walls from connecting when joined?

I need 2 walls to join but I need 1 to jutt out past the other by about an inch or two, but when they get that close they keep connecting and resizing each other in order to snap to one and other.

I just want to be able to manually control the length of a wall without it being smarter than me.

use a small room divider perpendicular to the wall you want to "jutt out past the other by about an inch or two" and place that at the line you want to stop at.  Sometimes you will need to create it about a foot or more away then snap the wall to it and drag the room divider back to where you want it to stop.

I am trying to get the help-wall to come out another inch or two to line up with the red line on the floor.

But it keeps snapping back into place to join the connecting shower wall.

The shower walls are currently set to No Room Definition.

I just want the wall snapping to stop for the half wall.  Is that possible?

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 12.02.08 PM.png

I managed to finagle it.  

I found where this has been discussed before.  I am just surprised that there is not simple tick mark in the wall settings somewhere to tell Chief NOT to snap a wall if you want to.

Seems like a simple development over-sight that ought to be added.

No matter.  I've managed.