How can I get the electrical items to show numbers?

matmarcum

Go to solution Solved by rgardner,

I'm currently working on a remodel with a lot of outlets placed at varying distances from finish floor level.  The electrician is requesting to see the devices numbered on the plan so that he can more easily correlate each item to those on the schedule, where the distances are displayed.  I've tried the display options, but electrical labels are the closest I can find.  I'm able to do this with cabinets, but no apparent way to show electrical devices.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, rlackore said:

There are options you can play around with to get the schedule and labels exactly how you want them; consult the X13 Reference Manual.

Specifically open up your electrical schedule dbx and take a look at the labels panel.

• Like 1

@rlackore This is quite helpful.  Thank you.  @rgardner I've done as suggested.  I'm grateful for the response, gents.  I suppose my naive hope was that, via the display options, I could toggle a feature that wasn't obvious and the items would display enumeration similar to how cabinetry items are displayed.  Thanks for your time and responses.

4 minutes ago, matmarcum said:

I suppose my naive hope was that, via the display options, I could toggle a feature that wasn't obvious and the items would display enumeration similar to how cabinetry items are displayed.

This is exactly what I was talking about and it is doable.  You need to have the option showing on your schedule.

Hey, @rgardner I'm sorry.  I misunderstood.  I've selected to show numbers in my schedule and they're visible - that's no issue.  The confusion on the sub's part is that the numbers on the schedule are not visible on the plan.  The schedules box is easy enough to manipulate, but the plan view is where I'm losing the battle.  Is this option available on the plan view as well?