Plan View

stager386

Is there a reason that one of my plans is stuck with "none" for Plan View?  If I create a new plan right now, I have options, but for some reason that's not true with past plans I am referencing.  Those plans give me no option to change from "none" to anything else.

I am trying to figure out why I have no options on a particular plan, but I do on others.

It always says "none" here with no drop down options.   But on other plans I have the usual options. 

image.png.e468e8d9d3c15cb17516e09ba81d8160.png

If you bring in an old plan that was created before saved plan views were added to the program, then it won't have any.   The program will not build any for you automatically.

You can either import the ones you would like from another plan, as suggested by Bob, or you can just create new ones as needed. 

One way to create new ones is to setup the plan views the way you want them and then use the Save Active View tool to create a new saved plan view.  You can also create them directly in the project browser, as suggested by Joe.

Another way you can create them is by opening an old layout file and then select each layout box and use the Create Saved Plan View edit toolbar button.  This will create a new saved plan view that will match all of the settings that were used when you sent the view to the layout.

I guess I’m not asking my question the right way.  

I do not ever touch or choose anything for type of plan view. Ever.   I start a new plan and go.  

For whatever reason, some of my current plans have no drop down options.   Others do.  For no reason that I know of.  I start a new plan the same way every time. 

I just happened to notice this issue because I was trying to do an overlay with the as-built version and remodeled version of a project.  The as-built has no options for plan view.  The remodeled plan does.  And I don’t understand why they’d be different from each other.  

Post a plan that is missing the saved plan views.  My guess is that it is a plan that was started prior to us adding saved plan views to the program.  If not, we can investigate further.

Or, if all else fails, please feel free to contact our tech support team for more help.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Same new file template every time?  Go NEW, draw 4 walls, save it as NO PLAN FILES, and post here.

I did this, saved it and reopened it. I get all the drop down options as I normally would.

3 hours ago, Dermot said:

Post a plan that is missing the saved plan views.  My guess is that it is a plan that was started prior to us adding saved plan views to the program.  If not, we can investigate further.

3 hours ago, Dermot said:

Trying to, but the file is too big.

On 9/21/2021 at 1:38 AM, stager386 said:

The as-built has no options for plan view.  The remodeled plan does.  And I don’t understand why they’d be different from each other.

Hi Kate,

If you open "as-built" plan and File>Import>Import Saved Plan Views, and import the views that are in "remodeled" plan, you should at least wind up with matching views in both files.  

On 9/21/2021 at 3:42 PM, stager386 said:

Thank you everyone.  Nothing is making sense to me, especially with so many replies (which I really appreciate!) so I think I had better contact support and ask one person about this.  Thanks again!