Complex Roof Driving Me Crazy !

1ucieAlfie

Can anyone help ?

I have been trying to create a roof using my architects drawings for over a week and I am at the end of my tether.

The property is a small old house of 2 levels with an offset gable roof. At the back is a little extension with a sloping roof. This building is attached to a barn on the ground floor only which has 2 extensions.

My problems are ... 

1. Getting the old house roof to join with the barn roof without reconstructing everything.

2. Covered area at the front which has a smooth run from the barn gable.

Sorry if my technology is wrong I am a total newbie.

I have attached 2 pdfs

Architect Plans 2 Pages - This shows the inside of the property (not really relevant for a roof problems but who knows)

Planning Permission - Page 6 has the roof design and may explain my exasperation.

Many thanks for reading this.

Deborah

Architect Plans 2 pages.pdf

Planning Permission Doc 04 3930 140814 PC FACADES TOITURE x6C.pdf

Okay, perhaps I exaggerated when I said I was a newbie ?

"Chief Plan" ???

:unsure:

Yes, the "Chief Plan". That means the Chief Architect software created plans you are creating to draw this project. Are you using Chief Architect software? What version? What level of expertise in construction do you have? Posting the plan means uploading the Chief Architect drawing file.   ?????

Ah !

I've had a glass of wine and think I know what you mean ... try this  :rolleyes:

Damn !

Okay that didn't work - the file is 30 meg. Is there a way of compacting or something ? 

The software I'm using is Homes Designer Suite 2015. At the moment though I think I would prefer the quill.

Perhaps another glass of wine ?

I've deleted all the furniture and stuff and got the file to a manageable size.

I would like to add that I have added some walls just to try to get verandas and in an attempt to get the roofs where we need them. What I'm trying to say it that the earlier architect files may be useful with this plan.

I have very little (no) architectural experience. I am trying to pick it up as I go along. That may sound daft but I'm not as green as I sound. My husband is the architectural brains and I'm trying to work on and with the paperwork. Between us we WILL succeed but it just may take longer than for some people.

Hope it makes sense - any questions please ask.

PB-141220-Help.plan

probably best to contact CA's customer service on Monday

and explain how you got here as they need to "fix" that

many HD users end up here and Chiefer's can't really help them

since the products have such limited features

only HD PRO has manual tools and other features that Chiefer's can relate too

Lew