Wall and floor junction

ChiefJeet

Rather than carp (noting wrong with complaining) about the fact that Chief is not pre-programmed to do exactly as you wish when and as you wish, I would  simply fix the elevation view with 2D CAD overlays so it "LOOKS" like you wish it to look (no one is ever going to "Live" in the virtual model contained in  a " chief.plan or .layout file", those are used to emulate or graphically communicate ones desires to other building professionals. So you cover up the fact that Chief models a certain way using 2D CAD fill boxes so it "LOOKS" right when printed. It is unlikely that Chief will be rewriting its software to suit you and hundreds of other end users who are used to how some other software operates/ is programmed to work or how you think it should work-- it DOES work quite well and is able to, sometimes requiring some creative thinking, very well.

DJP

45 minutes ago, rlackore said:

Wall Specification>Structure>Platform Intersections>Ceiling Platform>Hang Floor Platform Above on Wall: check Subflooring to Wall Interior

This works. Thanks

42 minutes ago, rlackore said:

o get rid of the "small gap", select the interior wall:

Wall Specification>Foundation: uncheck Sill Plate

This does not work on the interior wall. image.png.9ccc772de0b803a9be4b7961878c9a9f.png. It appears as if the wall is providing a support to the floor and that little gap is a wall plate. I have deleted and built the wall again but the gap remains. Maybe it is associated with floor spec but I cannot seems to locate it. Thank you Rob. Your input has resolved some of the issues.

10 minutes ago, rlackore said:

It does work. Set you camera backclip to 0mm.

The reason you're seeing the "gap" after using my "fix" is because the camera is picking up the wall beyond, which also has a sill plate. With a concrete deck, I doubt that you want a wood sill plate on top of your masonry walls, so getting rid of the sill plate not only fixes the visual issue, but is probably more correct IRL.

10 minutes ago, rlackore said:

t does work. Set you camera backclip to 0mm.

image.png.f9dc56b3f9c049b0b50bb55b94b4512c.png.Yes it does work. I changed the backclip to 0, then 1000mm and then 2000mm. It appeared after 2m and found that it was the 9" circled wall causing it. I then changed its specification "uncheck sill plate" and it disappeared. Thank you Rob.