I have a dilemma... site orientation

cjanderson66

I have a situation in which I am remodeling a house and the orientation of the house is not parallel with any of the lot lines.  So I have setup the project so that the house is parallel up and down.  My problem now is the client wants a shop/RV garage that would be parallel to the front property line.  What would be the best way to start this portion?  Should I create a new job and rotate the site so that the Shop is not parallel up and down.  My problem is, this is in an HOA and they want to see how the shop would look like the main house.  If I rotate the site I cannot rotate the main house.  Do I make the main house a block and how do I do this?  I have attached a copy of the site so you can see what I am talking about. 

New Castle site.pdf

I would do the symbol as well.  Its considered a block, so there really isn't any edge you can grab to though (point to point).. but since your building is square and parallel to that lot line, you should be able to eye ball it pretty close.  One note, you have to update your symbol if you intend to show modifications.

Attached I inserted a symbol of the left house so builder could see how these two plans looked together.   Both being built in simultaneously, 12' apart, too close for my comforts....

The other is a pocket neighborhood, all symbols on the site plan model.  

Curious, has anyone ever exploded a house symbol and can you?  I'm to scared to find out..  :-)     

lot 10 and 11 front view.jpg

EATON VILLAGE 4.jpg

EATON VILLAGE 6.jpg

• Like 1