Poor Elevation/Cross Section View Performance?

plannedRITE

Afternoon everyone,

As the title suggests, elevation and cross section views really struggle as of a month or so ago. All commands in the window, even mouse movements, are very choppy and it makes any sort of precision challenging. The standard top down plan view or any sort of 3d view (including PBR/RTRT) work beautifully, smooth and very little noticeable hanging under the most stress. It does not matter which .plan is used so I won't bother attaching one, it happens even in a new .plan.

This issue was directly addressed in the latest update's patch notes so I hoped that the update would have fixed the issue. But after updating X13 and all of my graphics drivers it is still choppy. I did a fresh install of X13 as well but it was no help. I emailed chief support but I had my SSA lapse so I will be waiting for their response. Until then has anyone been experiencing this or found a fix?

Here's a recording of it: https://www.facebook.com/100000468050936/videos/610596253654161/

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Ethan

My advice wouldn't be technical but rather practical to deal with the issue as-is. I'd suggest removing every layer that you can handle removing from the display of your section views. All cabinets, terrain, electrical, furnishings, etc. that doesn't pertain to the structure of the building. Of course, that may not be acceptable to you.

9 minutes ago, BrianBeck said:

Do you see this same problem if you do not have a PBR with ray tracing view open in another tab as you do in the video?

Unfortunately yes, I actually kicked it back to a standard render before switching to the elevation view in that recording.

To update this, I was too hasty saying that all plans are this bad. I'm clearly mixing my pre and post update experience. This plan set is pretty awful so I am assuming that I have goofed something up to cause the lag though I'm not sure why it is only occurring in those views. I'll attach it here in case anyone cares to see if they are experiencing the same issue on their system. This build has been through too many changes and updates so it wouldn't be surprising if there's something obvious that I'm overlooking.

Zipped due to size.

Skousen Orchard Ranch REV4.zip

Turn off the electrical layer, it makes a noticeable difference. That cuts the surface count in half! If you want exterior electrical to display, put them on their own layer.

Also, don't use the 'concrete' fill pattern for large items (like a driveway or foundation walls) in plan view. These fill patterns will slow things down. Instead use a solid color fill type.