back wall design

SMC2992

Go to solution Solved by MarkMc,

As always.  Model it like it's built.

In this case you have two layers of materials there.  A background material and some lit "tiles" that stick out.  Make a texture of the background and build a resizable symbol with a light behind it and manually place them in a wall elevation view where you want the 3d "tiles" to stick out.

5 minutes ago, rgardner said:

As always.  Model it like it's built.

In this case you have two layers of materials there.  A background material and some lit "tiles" that stick out.  Make a texture of the background and build a resizable symbol with a light behind it and manually place them in a wall elevation view where you want the 3d "tiles" to stick out.

Thank you Ray

I have tried it as you have suggested but I cannot find the tool  send back / bring forwarded 

Maybe using that i can achieve the result. Can you send me the path of that tool?

Thank you

On 11/9/2020 at 10:54 PM, Dermot said:

"Maybe Chief people can help?"

If you are seeking help from Chief Architect, then I recommend that you contact our technical support department.  Please have your product registration information ready.

24 minutes ago, SMC2992 said:

Maybe using that i can achieve the result. Can you send me the path of that tool?

No that tool is strictly for 2d cad work or layering in 2d views.  You will need to create the actual symbol and place it correctly in the X,Y,Z axis.

24 minutes ago, SMC2992 said:
On 11/9/2020 at 12:54 PM, Dermot said:

"Maybe Chief people can help?"

If you are seeking help from Chief Architect, then I recommend that you contact our technical support department.  Please have your product registration information ready.

I am guessing you copied this from another thread, and as Dermot recommends in that thread the program comes with free technical support when we carry current ssa coverage, since you have x12 per your signature maybe you still have ssa current.  Call technical support and have your product registration key handy.  But they are great to work with and that is why the professionals who use this program are very willing to PAY the price for the software...

Best of luck on your endeavors.

34 minutes ago, rgardner said:

No that tool is strictly for 2d cad work or layering in 2d views.  You will need to create the actual symbol and place it correctly in the X,Y,Z axis.

I am guessing you copied this from another thread, and as Dermot recommends in that thread the program comes with free technical support when we carry current ssa coverage, since you have x12 per your signature maybe you still have ssa current.  Call technical support and have your product registration key handy.  But they are great to work with and that is why the professionals who use this program are very willing to PAY the price for the software...

Best of luck on your endeavors.

it was a mistake and i did not knew how to get rid of it

• Solution

On quick way- psolid same size as tile, transform replicate to get a second one layered in front. Set back one to say 1/2" thick with emissive material, font one to 1/4" thick to match wall material. Convert to symbol, figure out spacing of tiles on wall. place new symbol over one on say the left side of the wall, check position, transoform replicate to place the rest multiple qty by spacing X and Z PDF with bloom on in camera

image.thumb.png.a5cc21c04c633820fd20fd15f466bfcd.png

• Like 1