Adjusting cable rail spacing / gap

ChiefMarkK

Hello,

I am a new Chief Architect user and am designing a deck with a cable railing containing horizontal cables.  I would like the spacing between cables to be 3 1/8", but can't figure out how to make adjustments to that particular feature or dimension.  I am using a cable railing panel from the Chief Architect library.  Is there a way to adjust the cable spacing?

Thanks.

The molding cables are a completely separate entity than the railing wall.

Draw a molding polyline in plan the rough shape you want next to the railing wall - it is easy to drag into place later.

It should default to zero height - if your deck is zero, great. Otherwise you can change it's height so that it is referencing the deck height.

Add a molding as shown in my pic - I used a round handrail molding.

Copy and offset them vertically at the required spacing - mine are 100mm.

Drag the molding polyline so that it is located in the middle of the railing wall.

I always find it good practice to make the railing wall the same width as the actual railing wall.

• Like 1

Alternate strategy;

Create the molding as Glenn described...draw a small section of it...maybe without the handrail and convert this small section into a railing panel symbol. This way...you can drop a doorway into the railing and create an opening. Otherwise...you will have to place breaks into the molding polyline. Not a big deal...but creating the railing panel is simple and becomes part of the wall.  Chief always provides more than one to accomplish things...

• Upvote 1