Thermal Barrier Highlight Line Methods

JonathanWilliams

My plan reviewer is asking for floor plans and cross sections which show the thermal barrier locations. Using X12 I've imported them to a layout page and tried to draw lines to highlight where the thermal barrier is but I can't make the colored lines wide enough or partially transparent as I'd like them to be. Anyone have methods they have used for this or any ideas?

2 hours ago, JonathanWilliams said:

Anyone have methods they have used for this or any ideas?

I use CAD details at all assembly junctions at 2" scale or 3d illustrations. These can be re-used across various plans.

For your purpose a single line can not have a transparency, and if the line weight gets too heavy, a custom dashed line may need to be created.

OR a polyline can be used with an invisible line style and a transparent solid fill.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 3:35 AM, robdyck said:

I use CAD details at all assembly junctions at 2" scale or 3d illustrations. These can be re-used across various plans.

For your purpose a single line can not have a transparency, and if the line weight gets too heavy, a custom dashed line may need to be created.

OR a polyline can be used with an invisible line style and a transparent solid fill.

Good advice above.